Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam-to-VERICUT Interface

?Mark

I run Vericut and to fully use the features available you will need to create a library in Vericut that matches the Mastercam library. All of my tools have unique tool numbers so tool 63 is ALWAYS a Hanita 3/8" varimill, no matter what program is running it. My Vericut library is set up the same way so when I run simulations it is pulling the tool information from the Vericut library which is MUCH more detailed. It also allows for a full host of other features regarding reporting and tool lists. It is a pain to set up but well worth the effort.

I've asked CGTech a number of times about the limitations of importing tools in from Mastercam into Vericut. Their response was that due to the limited shank definition, and limited tool information contained within Mastercams tool data, translations sometimes don't come through very well.

We purchased the Mastercam to Vericut Interface when we purchased Vericut (about eight months ago, though I have used Vericut for a few years), but to be honest I never use it now. After getting training at CGTech, I find it almost as quick to build up the project file from a template, especially if I have my tools all predefined.

I did the Verification course at CGTech, which was great. Unfortunately, they don't cover the CAM translators at all. I'm off to Irvine in a weeks time for the Machine and Control building course, to learn some more :)

Mick,

you are right but by using the interface, you don't have to create the STL files for vericut, you can just pick your solid in vericut for stock, design and fixture. And with the new interface, you can tell Vericut to not export the tools and use the ones from the template.

Mark,

As far as I know, there is no way to transfer that information from the library. What we did is create STL files of our holders, put them in a directory used for Vericut and when building your tool library in Vericut, just reference the STL for you holder.

HTH