Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 MU1

Brian B 74

My mistake... a non beta user does not have MU1 installed yet..

so you just run the MU1 upgrade.

If you need to uninstall X6MU1, it takes X6 with it and you'll need to reinstall X6

After installing MU1, look in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel..

It still says X6...

Mastercam X6 MU1 64-bit

Use this product to install Mastercam X6 MU1 on a 64-bit operating system. It will not run on a 32-bit OS.

This install is designed to run on top of Mastercam X6. If X6 MU1 is uninstalled, X6 must be installed again. All personalized files in My Mcamx6 and Shared Mcamx6 are left behind, so this should not cause any loss of data. Regardless, be sure to back up your data as a precautionary measure.

To uninstall Mastercam X6 MU1, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features (Add/Remove Progams in Windows XP) and select Remove next to the Mastercam X6 icon.

This version will not expire. You must have a maintenance date of February 29, 2012 or later to run this release. The version number of Mastercam.exe is 15.1.1.1.

To install:

Click on the mastercamx6-mu1-x64-web.exe link and save it to your computer.

Double-click on the *.exe.

Follow the installation instructions.

All personalized files in My Mcamx6 and Shared Mcamx6 are left behind, so this should not cause any loss of data. Regardless, be sure to back up your data as a precautionary measure.

save your default files somewhere else.. some people are reporting that they are getting overwritten

Still havent made the jump to X6 yet as we have X5 working well for us at the moment, and there was a lot of negative feedback about the first release of X6. Could you guys post feedback about MU1 regarding all your issues and whether it is a stable reliable piece of software to upgrade to? Many thanks! Brendan

Everytime I try to install the MU1 update, I get "Error 2727 the directory entry HORIZ4FRONT does not exist in the Directory table" ???

Any Ideas?

Someone in the office here had the same problem, when he gets in I'll ask if he ever got it addressed.

and on the update, no, we have one system in this office that will NOT take the update, it is being explored but I have nothing beyond that

Can somebody please check out Dynamic Planes in X6MU1 and see if you're getting the same problem I see here?

I try to create a new Dynamic Plane and the rotation is not what I want so I start grabbing the gnomon and rotating it around as necessary and everything *appears* to be working correctly but after I'm done rotating I am seeing that instead of "snapping" to 15° increments like I've chosen in my settings the actual cursor position is used so for example if I'm trying to rotate 90° I'll end up with something like 89.783° which *looks* OK but obviously will cause issues.

There is a workaround... I can just key in 90° to get accurate rotations but really the snapping should be fixed...

Too bad this wasn't taken care of after I reported it back in January. I'm shocked. :whistle: