Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Uberchucks got better

Really, I never had any problems with that. I just had some start to pull out the other day but I was doing some serious roughing. Even my Showa milling chuck was unable to hold onto the tool correctly. I ended up having to rough it with an inserted mill and had to take way shallower depths of cut. Took much longer but got it done.

We have not had this happen with the new style holders, but we have had it happen with the older style. They never admitted there was a design issue but they would rebuild and get our tools out until they redesigned the mechanism.