Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

morph between curves

HEAVY METAL

morph between curves will try to cut the whole surface/solid face you select, not just stay between the curves. the curves are just used to define the 'pattern' of the stepover. Try using a 2D containment boundary under cut pattern, or set some check surfaces in collision control and tell it to trim the toolpath between gouges, and set your linking parameters for gaps to follow surface

• Like 1

I may take a set of surfaces and turn them into a net surface. Then you get some nice options for toolpaths doing it that way. Times where I want to flowline a fillet for instance. I have made a model with .01 bigger radius than the part I am machining for everything except for my fillet. I then come back and then make a surface from the 2 joining walls .025 bigger than the fillet and the fillet surface or surfaces. I then create my edge curves and then covert multiple chains into one for a top spline same for a bottom spline. I then have my along and cross chains and then done. A little bit of modeling work, but the toolpaths that come from it are easy to run and control.

HTH