Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Exporting Creo Assembly as STP

BenK

I'm trying to figure out how to export a Creo assembly into individual part files but have them use the assembly coordinate system. I can get them to export individually but only with the individual part coordinate system. Does anyone know how to do this?

I'm trying to figure out how to export a Creo assembly into individual part files but have them use the assembly coordinate system. I can get them to export individually but only with the individual part coordinate system. Does anyone know how to do this?

I think so. Give me a few minutes and I'll let you know how...

Yes, it can be done... I think...

This is only supported in STEP AP214, the long-term schema for AP214cc1. The default option for output in Creo is the ISO 10303 AP203IS.That's why you don't see the option in the export UI.

In order to enable STEP AP214, you need to add the following option to your config.pro file:

step_export_format ap214_is

Where "step_export_format" is the option and "ap214_is" is the value.(Both without quotes)

Save the file (Or add the options to the current session only).

This will enable the extended options for STEP output: In the bottom of the export dialog now you will see a combo box where you can set the options to do what you want.

The default option in this combo box is "Single file" - This is the default option and does what you are getting now with AP203.

More two options are shown now:

"Separate parts only" - Only parts will be separated

"Separate all objects" - Parts and sub-assemblies will be separated.

If you need to use this often, you can change the default option "Single file" by defining the config.pro option "step_export_ap214_asm_def_mode" with one of the following values:

"separate_parts_only"

or

"separate_all_objects"

Setting the option "step_export_ap214_asm_def_mode" with one of the switches above will make the UI to show up with the predefined setting you defined. This way you don't even need to bother to change the output format in the combo box.

You can find all Creo 2.0 supported configuration options here: https://dl.dropboxus...nfigoptions.pdf

Below the two options to do what I said above:

Step_01.pngStep_02.png

I did a test and imported a Parasolid ASM file with a CS and exported all models individually all referencing the CS I selected in the export dialog.

I opened a few parts and their origin was the location of the Parasolid ASM origin. Not sure if this is what you are looking for...

HTH

I tried those settings but it still outputs each part using the part coordinates instead of the assembly. If I select the assembly datum or leave it as default the out put is the same. I must be missing something.