Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

File-Save and File-Open shorcut links in left column

Thad

Our wire guy got a new PC so I'm getting him setup back to where he used to be. His old box was running XP, but now he's running Win7. I don't remember how to display the shortcuts in the left side menu when doing a File-save or File-open. I thought it had to do with the MC dialog box in the control panel MC applet, but that didn't help. I've attached a pic of what I'm talking about. The pic shows what I want to show up, but all he gets is the directory tree. How do I get the option to add shortcuts there?

shortcuts.jpg

Thad

What you see in the screen shot is what I want it to look like. That's a screen shot from my mill seat. It works fine for me. I'll have to put up another screen shot of what I see on the wire seat sometime tomorrow.

Thad

Here is what I see on the wire seat (MC X6 running Win7).

shortcutsX6.jpg

The left side pane doesn't look like what I expect it to. I expect it to look like the image in my first post, showing only the MC shortcuts. Is this the new and improved dialog box that people were complaining about in the link K2csq7 provided? If so, add me to the complainers list.

Thad

I liked the Windows 3.1 look I wish they'd bring that back ;)

In all seriousness, it's a Windows 7 interface, AFAIK, it cannot go back.

So Like I posted, you can add favorites to the list.

Wait for the outcry when XP is no longer supported :D

Time moves on......

:cheers:

Actually, it's a combination of Win7 and X6. I'm running Win7 with X2 and all is well in my world. The wire guy? That's his problem. :harhar:

To an extent yeah, they've had to update the interface, X6 is when it happened, so all the backwards stuff will have it but X6 forward will not.