Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Next and all future Releases

Thee Rickster ™

CNC, can you please take out the default 10000. output move feed?

No machine can feed at that rate!!! it sucks when you miss one and an 18 hour(lights out)

program stops after a few hours.

I use minimum distance/500.feed

I have gone into every way, shape and form, resetting the default on every high speed path

to 500.

Thing is they stick, i have know idea why these 500. feeds stick, they never used to.

But no matter how many times i check after the10000. feeds efs my @rse they are still set at

Every time I chose a path the 10000. is still there, so if you fellas fixed it so it would stick

can you refix it so the 10000. is gone?

If any body knows how to fix this, i will share desk top, and a phone call(whatever it takes)

to help me

I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

Rick

I just found out you cant change it in the post in X6. Thanks for the heads up golderac :cheers:

so AT home i checked the setting in the mach def and it was indeed at 10000.

so changed it saved it. reloaded the mach def. saved the file, then restarted MC and it still posts the

10000. feed

So if any one can figure this out please let me know

Again i repeat, CNC please changed the default feed of 10000. to 500. untill all the quirks are out

MC. then put it back to see it the mach def setting will actually work....for everybody.

It obviously is to complex a situation for everyone and it doesnt work for all.

Thanks in advance

Rick,

Regardless of the Machine Definition 'Max feed' settings, you can set your Operation Defaults to any value you like. For X6, we separated the 'Surface High Speed' operations into individual operation types. The reason we did this is so you can set your default parameters for anything you like.

The solution to your issue is to set your defaults the way you want them. Then Mastercam will always pick up these values and not put in any values you don't want to see.

FYI,

When I checked the defaults in X6 MU2, it looks like those values have been changed to '100.0' for the High Feed value.

PM me and we can do a quick G2M if you aren't sure how to fix the default settings...

Thanks,

I have changed every single high speed op to or 500. (as stated in 1st few post)

I have every setting that i am supposed to or can set that would affect it at 500....

I still get the 10000. every time i make a new path and use min distance.

I would have made this thread if it were not for battling with this for a long time

I will be back to work thursday

I will empty my inbox ;)