Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath Group Not showing in MPMaster Post

I need help with my modified MPMaster post the Tool path Group Not showing in option in Files Output comment.

Can anybody help me solving this problem?

Thanks.

Do you have the appropriate boxes checked in your control def. under nc output ? Did you go thru machine def. not just control def.? Dosen't stick unless I go thru machine def.

Interestingly enough I'm not 100% sure that it is possible to output the toolpath group name. The control definition settings allow for the output of the machine name and the machine group name, but not the toolpath group name. Searching the nci parameter reference it looks like the parameter that was used for this was stripped out in X3, so I'm not sure that it is possible at this point... :blink:

Do you have the appropriate boxes checked in your control def. under nc output ? Did you go thru machine def. not just control def.? Dosen't stick unless I go thru machine def.

I Sign all the boxes but Tool group info doesn’t work. Only Machine def, or Machine group but mostly I need Tool path group were I input OP number and description of operation.

My apologies, 20018 is the parameter, not sure why it wasn't coming out in the other post I was using. This is what happens when you lose touch :)

So to answer the question just add this code into the pparameter$ post block

if prmcode$ = 20018, stpgrpname = ucase(sparameter$)

Then output stpgrpname where ever you want the tool path group name output, likely ptlchg$, ptlchg_com or ptlchg0$

This is in the post i am wondering if any of you can debuget and make it work.

thanks guys.

rd_mch_ent_no$ = syncaxis$ #Retrieve machine parameters based on current axis combination - read from .nci G950 line

rd_md$ #Read machine definition parameters - calls pmachineinfo$

rd_tlpathgrp$ # Read toolpath group parameters - calls pmachineinfo$

#if stpgrpname <> snull, pbld, n$, pspc, scomm_str, "TOOLPATH GROUP - ", stpgrpname, scomm_end, e$

[

if opcode$ = 13 & hst_flg, n$, pspc, scomm_str, "TOOLPATH - ", *sopnotehst, scomm_end, e$

else, n$, pspc, scomm_str, "TOOLPATH - ", *stoper, scomm_end, e$

if tool_op$ = 132,

[

Looks like the post is already setup to handle the toolpath group comments.

Just take the # symbol away from the front of this line:

#if stpgrpname <> snull, pbld, n$, pspc, scomm_str, "TOOLPATH GROUP - ", stpgrpname, scomm_end, e$

Becomes:

if stpgrpname <> snull, pbld, n$, pspc, scomm_str, "TOOLPATH GROUP - ", stpgrpname, scomm_end, e$

• 1 year later...