Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic in Haynes 188

Hola Commrades,

Got a job coming up with 18 windows; .770 X 3.015 w/ .325 rads in the 4 corners.

Through an .080 wall about 6" up off the table (turned part, I will have a cap on the top while milling for added support). It will be a 3+2 setup on a very old machine. Max RPM is about 2k. Max backfeedrate = 50 IPM. (and that's pushing it)blink.gif

When your all done laughing I'd like some suggestions welcome.gif!

I am planning on using a 5 fluted 5/16" Supermill at about 100 SFM & .001 CPT (to start with).

Plunging into a predrilled hole for entry.

I've got a .046 stepover in there now, and a toolpath radius of .050 (Dynamic Area). Filter = 1:1 total tolerance = .004, leaving .006 / side for finishing.

We have a similar job with more but smaller windows that runs on that machine and was programmed a long time ago, it goes like this...

An entry hole is drilled at each end, then it just plows the endmill through the middle of the slot.

I know I will have excellent tool life, but would like to get the cycle time for the roughing down from the current backplot time of 10 mins.

TIA for any suggestionsthumbsup.gif

I have used Dynamic on this stuff with good results in the past, but the amount of material to be removed was far less, and I was able to use Dynamic core as they were not closed chains. I've never seen the 282... maybe it's worse?

When your all done laughing I'd like some suggestions
good luck Kieth

You were suppossed to be done laughing before suggesting something!ouch.gif

LOL, thanks Wes, I'll make up a plowing program to have as backup!

Hey Keith,

We do it all the time, with your situation I would usually go with

1/4 hanita varimill 2 5 flute 125 sfm .0025 fpt (chip thinning applied) .025 stepover, I usually about 120 mins in cut in haynes 188

or

3/8 hanita varimill 2 5 flute 145 sfm .0028 fpt (chip thinning applied) .0375 stepover, I usually about 60-90 mins in cut in haynes 188

HTH.

:thumbsup: