Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Engraving

Mic6

I haven't used engraving in a few months, but I have used it with this release. I'm trying to engrave a part number. Using the actual engraving toolpath since it's heavy text. It's simple 2D lettering. I get the error after I click the green check after chaining. I tried it on the most simple squarebox and it still errors. WTH? Isnt the engraving TP included with X5? It couldn't have expired could it. Maint. is up to date.

I just tried it on my X5 x64 system and it works. I don't use it very often but that's only by chioce. I find that running a contour path with comp turned off is just simpler, and I'm not restricted to using only engraving tools.

We usually use a .020 ball emill to do our engraving here. Works out pretty good for the most part.

Dang bug. Yea I always 2D comp off with an engraving tool, but this situation has fat lettering/logo and they want the entire letter to be "pocketed". Regular pocket works, but I liked using Engrave for this situation

try running a chook

does it go to the correct directory based on the version that you are running

eg. C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MCAMX5\CHOOKS\ if you are usign X5

if it does not

settings-->configuration-->files-->custom addin/dll and change to the path above.

save and try engraving again

<br>try running a chook<br>does it go to the correct directory based on the version that you are running<br>eg.   C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MCAMX5\CHOOKS\    if you are usign X5<br><br>if it does not <br>settings-->configuration-->files-->custom addin/dll and change to the path above.[<br><br>save and try engraving again<br>
<br><br><br>BINGO!<br><br>

try running a chook

does it go to the correct directory based on the version that you are running

eg. C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MCAMX5\CHOOKS\ if you are usign X5

if it does not

settings-->configuration-->files-->custom addin/dll and change to the path above.

save and try engraving again

Bing! Thanks Amjer. It wasnt seeing the (X86) folder. Toolpath secured

:unworthy: