• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Darin

Darin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

I noticed no matter how I save the STL file for the verify every time I reload or restart Mastercam x5  I have to find the file again..  Is there a way around this? Or a setting in the conf to fix this?

#2 Mark @ PPG

Mark @ PPG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

Let's just say it's a tiny little bug the size of the BUS...:wallbash:

First off, never change and save your config file while working on a part with stl stock as this will automatically put whatever stl file you're currently using into your config and it'll always come up with any new file when you try to verify it...

There are some other things that will cause it and I don't know of any way to have the right stock come up correctly every time. However, I found that using the new stock model gives me best results. Create your initial stock model from any stl file you might have previously saved and try using it for your verify.
hth

#3 Justin Beebe at Folsom Tool

Justin Beebe at Folsom Tool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Darin,

Have your tried the radial button that says use last size under initial stock size source. It's on the first screen grab you have posted.  It may do what you want.

#4 Darin

Darin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostJustin Beebe at Folsom Tool, on 14 April 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Darin,

Have your tried the radial button that says use last size under initial stock size source. It's on the first screen grab you have posted.  It may do what you want.

Great thanks that seamed to work so far..  Cuts a few steps anyway...