Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x6 STILL NO CONSISTaNCY

wHY ON PLANET eARTH ALL THE toolpathes have tip compensation tip

and highspeed toolpathes have tip compensation center ?

what perverted logic people must have to place the mines on the program

by their own hands and to do it from version to version !

Never mind I corrected the defaults but I was close to scrap the part and

I am angry like hell

Sorry for rant

BR

I had the same issue with the defaults comped to center. I believe I may have migrated the defaults when I installed X6 (something I learned in the past I should NOT DO) Gcode has preached in the past to migrate NOTHING and I think that advice is GOLDEN.

I had the same issue with the defaults comped to center. I believe I may have migrated the defaults when I installed X6 (something I learned in the past I should NOT DO) Gcode has preached in the past to migrate NOTHING and I think that advice is GOLDEN.

I'd rather spend an hour, even 2 getting things back where I want them than spending hours and hours chasing ghosts

So let me get this straight....you can't bring over defaults when upgrading from version to version? What am I paying for? As a former software developer turned mechanical engineer/machinist. This is pure laziness and the end users are paying the price with lost time and frustration. Just because you can work around it certainly does not mean that it is not broken. I can understand why BR is "mad as hell"

• Like 2

So let me get this straight....you can't bring over defaults when upgrading from version to version? What am I paying for? As a former software developer turned mechanical engineer/machinist. This is pure laziness and the end users are paying the price with lost time and frustration. Just because you can work around it certainly does not mean that it is not broken. I can understand why BR is "mad as hell"

They version to version compatibility was lost at some point, i am pretty sure they are

working on MC's compatibility with itself in a future release.

These issues have been around since the invention of X. I sometimes wish to migrate, hoping CNC actually fixed the software to work properly. It is still buggy and not reliable. I'm not just talking about the operation defaults. The config file, machine and control defs are still not right during migration.

in some cases it's a matter of version s- if you jump from X3 to X6 and port in defaults, some things could have changed whereas if you go from X3 to X4 to X5 to X6 you're less likely to see problems.

I would personally like to punch the person in the face who set-up the default values in Mastercam. Just unbelievable.

Carmen,

Are you aware that you can edit your Operation Default values (both English and Metric)? You can setup values exactly how you want them, and you can also create multiple 'Operation Default' files, and set each of your Machine Definition files to load: Custom Defaults, Custom Operation Libraries, and Custom Tool Libraries.

If you've got suggestions about some defaults you think should be changed for everyone, please send in your suggestions to QC.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I would personally like to punch the person in the face who set-up the default values in Mastercam. Just unbelievable.

That seems a bit over the top. Really, you want to punch someone int he face? For that?

• Like 1