Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

"Failed to Create Empty Document" Mastercam for Solidworks

rhatzung

Hello All;

Recently, once the 'mastercamx6fsw-mu1-x64-sw2013-patch' came out we started working mainly in SW 2013. All our computers are working with Windows 7.

With the newer work environment of SW2013 we have come across more of an annoying issue. Everytime we have a part open, when we turn MC off and back on again we get an error message stating "Failed to Create Empty Document" with a 'Mastercam X1' in the upper left hand corner of the window. This in turn shuts down SW prompting a restart.

After doing a search online for "Failed to Create Empty Document" I came across a discussion stating either my Temp files are pathed wrong, or my drive is low on space.

Neither of these items seem to be the issue with our computers, and like I said the message only comes up when Mastercam has been turned off and back on again in the the same SW instance.

Any experience with this from you guys would be greatly appreciated;

Rhatzung