Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

High speed horizontal toolpath problem

Tim Pruett

Is there a way to get a high speed horizontal toolpath to just enter each depth cut once and not fifty times. This is so frustrating. I hope it's just something I have set wrong. I would like for the toolpath to enter the part using my transition settings and then cut the entire flat surface at that depth then make another entry move and cut that entire depth. Also it's frustrating that I can't get it to enter using entry helix. It always wants to ramp in. I wish for the life of me that mastercam for once would do what I tell it to do. Also I have problems with the High speed toolpaths not calculating remaining stock properly. I ALWAYS have to revert back to the surface finish leftover toolpath. Works every time. Sorry about the rant. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong. I guess I shouldn't wait till I get ticked off to ask for help. Thanks, Tim

Is there a way to get a high speed horizontal toolpath to just enter each depth cut once and not fifty times. This is so frustrating. I hope it's just something I have set wrong. I would like for the toolpath to enter the part using my transition settings and then cut the entire flat surface at that depth then make another entry move and cut that entire depth. Also it's frustrating that I can't get it to enter using entry helix. It always wants to ramp in. I wish for the life of me that mastercam for once would do what I tell it to do. Also I have problems with the High speed toolpaths not calculating remaining stock properly. I ALWAYS have to revert back to the surface finish leftover toolpath. Works every time. Sorry about the rant. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong. I guess I shouldn't wait till I get ticked off to ask for help. Thanks, Tim

About the helix entry- on the transitions page, you have Z clearance at .003. Increase this to .03 or so and you will see a helix entry from above the stock. You might want to increase the plunge angle as well.