Welcome to eMastercam.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Auto Cursor in X

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

heeler

heeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
Is there a way to turn the auto cursor off in X? I really hate the auto cursor and like to just push the keyboard button to have the cursor select center, endpoint, ect.

DID I SAY I HATE THE AUTO CURSOR.

I see so many error here with the people using the auto cursor. Just a slight movement of the mouse and you don't get what you wanted.

Hopefully someone can help. I don't want to have to use the autocursor screen every time, and I don't want to rely on the little, little picts of tangent, endpoint, ect.

Thanks
Glenn

P.S.

Cadcam From Cad/Cam Consulting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,761 posts
Do a right click option and pick Autocurser and then unselect all in the option window.

gcode

gcode

Serenity

• Moderators
  • 20,836 posts
Right clck, autocursor, disable all.
Unfortunately, the single key shortcuts
C = center, M = midpoint, E = endpoint etc are gone.

Personally I like the autocursor a lot, but I miss the single key shortcuts. It would be nice
if we could make the ltlle autocursor snap symbols
bigger.

BBOwen

BBOwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
I love the auto cursor. I am used to autocad so I like it and the custom features it has.

heeler

heeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
Jay,

I did that, but then how do I select the point that I want?

Glenn

Mike Mattera - TFM

Mike Mattera - TFM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
I dont understand why people would want to pick something manually when they can select it by just pointing. What could be eaiser than just moving over the endpoint to select the endpoint. How could picking another key, with your mouse of menu, possibly be easier?

Maybe your just getting too many choices.
Above the ribbon bar there ia an Exclmation mark Icon ( ! ) that says Config (when you mouse over it). Pick that and turn off the snap functions you DONT want to use. This lets you be more selective about how the autocursor works.

Mike Mattera

Robert Bernobic from CNC Software

Robert Bernobic from CNC Software

• CNC Software
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
"Unfortunately, the single key shortcuts
C = center, M = midpoint, E = endpoint etc are gone..."

...but not forgotten. Go to Settings, Key mapping, select AutoCursor from Category list, and you can create shortcut keys to whatever selection modes you want. Go to Settings, Customize, and you can add them to the right-click menu.

--Robert

The Dude

The Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Under settings>customize>drop down>right click>>
you can add origin,endpoint, etc (from auto cursor). Then when a function like line is active you can just right click for what you need.

The Dude

The Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I knew that would happen graemlins/cuckoo.gif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,761 posts
there is an option button to the right of were you type a value.

Posted Image

smokey_44

smokey_44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
I haven't got X yet but I know now that picking c for center and using keyborard is ALOT faster that some auto cursor. Never liked the feature at all cause it always slows me down, Hopefully they will (cnc) put these options back in

Dave

smokey_44

smokey_44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
I haven't got X yet but I know now that picking c for center and using keyborard is ALOT faster that some auto cursor. Never liked the feature at all cause it always slows me down, Hopefully they will (cnc) put these options back in

Dave

smokey_44

smokey_44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Dave

smokey_44

smokey_44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Dave

heeler

heeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
Jay,

That is what I wanted to get away from. I really hate to have to click all over the screen, I really liked the way that in V9, I could be in the create function and with auto cursor off, could just push the button on the keyboard and know that it would only select what I wanted. A simple click on the keyboard and I would only get what I wanted now. I couldn't begin to count how many times I have went out with our operators looking at why a machine or Mcam was F'd up. Just to find that they had used auto cursor(a near as I could figure) to select something and had it use the wrong thing.

Glenn

I would like to repeat

I HATE THE AUTO CURSOR

p.s.

I'll have to check out the key mapping thing

Paul McGarr

Paul McGarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
EDIT - Double Post

Paul McGarr

Paul McGarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
I never use autocursor because it is too easy to accidently slip into sketch mode. I understand that you have some control over this in X so I will try it again. In the meantime, is there any way to customize autocursor in version 9 to keep it from sketching?

Thanks,

Paul

Thad

Thad

Highly Advanced Member since May 2002

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,140 posts

quote:

In the meantime, is there any way to customize autocursor in version 9 to keep it from sketching?

I always thought it was pretty obvious when the big square disappeared. graemlins/headscratch.gif

Thad

Paul McGarr

Paul McGarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
It is obvious that when the big square disappears, you are sketching. If you are moving fast, the big square could be just disappearing as you click leaving you with a sketched point that looks real close to being in the correct place. What you end up with is a hole out of position. Even worse, it's so close that you might not even notice it until inspection.

I'm not asking for opinions as to why I shouldn't worry about accidently sketching. I'm asking if there is a way to customize autocursor in v9. I'm happy to know that it's available in x though.

Paul

chris m

chris m

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,860 posts

quote:

I'm not asking for opinions as to why I shouldn't worry about accidently sketching

Paul, you are a man after my own heart