Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Benchmark

Roger Peterson

If you're referring to the other values in the total time column, that is the time individual functions within the utility happen.

The best way to confirm the total time being stated by the log file would be to manually time it with a stop watch and compare the results.

OK,.. I reopened the file in McamX7,..

I've saved the file with the tpaths dirty so there is no need to prep the file prior to regeneration.

To confirm the time I used my phone's stop watch.

I hit the start at the same time I selected the regen utility.

In the log file you can see the file was opened at 13:18:46 and 13:19:08 - :12 is when the regen started.

At 13:23:41 the total time is listed as 3min 11.65sec

I stopped the time time on my phone when the last tpath finished and it returned 04:32.2

Where did the other min & 1/2 go?   :no

Dunno, that's much higher up the pay scale from me.

Add all those times up together. Voila!

Minimum wage for you! :harhar:

So I ran this benchmark file on my Mastercam X7 with a 64 bit computer with 16 gig of ram and nothing else special.....512 mb on graphics card and hard drive that is 85 percent full and the benchmark was done in 38 seconds.....I almost can't believe that number .....

It would seem like I have a great system.....but if I do anything bigger it can get knocked down on its knees.....so to me it seems that if you have the utmost cleanest file it helps and this is just a baby part compared to what we cut.......68 x 80 carpet and floor mat tools and facias.....the system act s like it can't keep up when doing high speed rest roughing with a 3mm diameter ball end mill.......

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

cant afford a computer to take these mastercam #8 disks, apparently thay're 64 and my computer is 32 ? (make any sence so far??)

I m going to Shoreline community college in Washington St. taking  MFG CNC tech.   Working on OKUMA'S ,Hause, Cincinnati mills and lathes.

BUT... have alot of  Mastercam homework that cant do at home ,,,any sugestions???

SKIDMARK

• 2 years later...

Well, here is something to ponder.

my old P.C, (5 years older) using MCX7 processed faster than my new P.C.

using MC2017 and 2018, disheartening but im ok with it.

OLD

43.31 seconds - MCX7

i7 3930k CPU @ 3.2 GHZ

16 gig ram

64 bit

win 7 pro

NEW

1 min, 5 seconds - MC2017

1 min, 4 seconds - MC2018

i7-8700k CPU @ 3.7 GHZ

64 gig ram

64 bit

win 10 pro

Well at least my other softwares will run faster on my new P.C..... LOL

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Using your file, I was 38 seconds in X6, 1:27 in 2018....   Hmmmmm  Seems the raster was the slow one.

the other two were don in 20 seconds

the raster droned on and on....

i am seeing significant speed improvements in other areas in 2017 with the

new tower. some things like dragging and dropping geometry on 600 mg files definitely

are twice as fast. updating toolpath references also

Also seems odd that my new p.c. with win 10 takes 3 times as long to open 2017 and 2018

1 hour ago, C^Millman said:

I got 7.468 second in 2018 using that file. I turned off the tool path fillet. Turned them on took 15.006 seconds in 2018.

(i get 13 seconds using .001 tolerance, 2017)

Ron, you are not supposed to tweak anything.

Otherwise the benchmark results are useless. ;)

we can all tweak the paths to process faster, but that is the opposite of the  intent here. :)

• 10 months later...

It has now been established many times that when it  comes to the names of the Intel chips ,  they  have not much of input in the way of speed. Only clock speed counts. 

I would also suggest you check out the Benchmark 3.0 thread , as that is the most up to date place about  Mastercam  speed .

Pullo