Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ntvdm.exe missing - windows 7 64 bit

Mark H

I got a new computer with windows 7 64 bit and tried installing X4. Everything installed but sometimes when I first start Mastercam I get the following error;

quote:

The program can't start because ntvdm.exe is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

If I click "ok" Mastercam runs fine. I did try a repair and also tried reinstalling... but the error still appears about every other time I start Mastercam. I did a search found there was a hotfix called x3-x64-hotfix.exe and even though I'm not running X3 I gave it a shot, but got an error that said;

quote:

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Then a second error;

quote:

Installation did not complete.

Any ideas?

Do you have any other Mastercam versions installed on the 64bit system?

We've been fighting this problem for a long time now and still not convinced we have it nailed down completely but we have had some success with HASP drivers causing this.

Here are some steps you can try to see if this helps. Use will need to use the command promtp for these steps.

[*]For each install of Mastercam, go into the Mastercamcommon directory with a command prompt.

[*]Run the following two commands:

a. hinstall –r –alldrv

b. haspdinst –fr

[*]After doing this in each install of Mastercam, go to the control panel and remove any HASP Driver entries. Be sure to check under ‘SafeNet’ as well as ‘Hasp’ and ‘Aladdin’.

[*]Reboot the machine.

[*]In the Mastercamcommon directory, run ‘HASPUserSetup.exe’ to re-install the latest HASP drivers. You can run this from explorer, you do not need to run this from the command line

Please post back to this thread to let us know if this worked for you or not.

I went to windows control panel, program files and removed the hasp entry... and did everything else you mentioned in order. But the HASPUserSetup.exe failed even when running as administrator... so I went online and got the newest version which I was able to install... I still get the error when starting mastercam.

Just went thru your process Jim, opened with no error twice in a row, but the third time the error came back?

More than willing to try something else if you would like, but the error doesn't really bother me, (I am waiting for X5, I get the feeling X4 was quite a learning process, I have faith X5 will be supurb!) If you slip me a copy I won't tell! wink.gif

• 6 months later...