Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HOLE AXIS FOR X5.

crazy^millman

Linky:

On the off chance some of you have never heard about hole axis it is a free tool Verisurf gives away to all Mastercam users worldwide. It was developed by my boss Ernie Husted many years ago. There are also some free tools like minimum bounding box that will give you the smallest material for a paort and also create a WCS on it, and some free point making on surface tools with vector ability for 5 axis programming. If you have any questions or comments please post them up. Enjoy and thanks to Ernie for making them available. :D :D

• Like 2

Sorry, that is not allowed here ...

I get the error "Could not create: \\btlfilestorage\ ... \btl_temp_files\vepe6dow5f\dad.png" ATEMP directory is created with four files:

BNCI.BIN 0kb

tbstate.dat 51kb

DAD.png 0kb

lastchn.tmp 1kb

I have NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 with updated drivers ...

I downloaded Verisurf for X5 from the download tab ...

When trying to save it and then run, it would not work ... had to RUN instead ...

Also, the Hidden Line icon converted all my solids to surfaces ...

• 4 weeks later...

I have a bunch of holes (surfaces). Hole Axis works great, but on 1 or 2 or 10 out of 100 it puts the point at the "bottom" instead of the "top" of the hole. I am pretty sure I must have done something differently while creating those holes, but I have no idea where to start looking. I did a dynamic analyze and the surface normals all point to the ID of the hole...

How does hole axis determine the top vs. the bottom of the hole?

TIA.

P.S. thanks to verisurf for this fantastic tool!

It goes by the intersection of the surface and the cylinder representing the hole in the surface model. If it is to close of a pick to one surface then it will use that closest surface as where to place the point, line, and circle if all of those options are picked. When it doubt I use upper and lower on the line to make sure I have something to use for a toolpath.

HTH

Hi Ron,

Thanks a lot for sharing the Verisurf program. Back when the initial Verisurf add-on for X4 was released, some people, including myself had problems with the post install. Strange artifacts from Verisurf made its way into Mastercam after the successful install such as when an error message would pop-up they would appear to come from Verisurf instead of Mastercam. Or, the Verisurf menu on the toolbar at the top would not show up until you moved the mouse over the title. A couple other strange things happened as well but I can't remember. In any event, a new add-on was released not long after that and it seemed to fix all these problems. Now, with the new X5 version you provided, it seems to do the same things again as did the X4 version. I was wondering if anyone else has seen any strange behaviour like this or can you recall what it was you did to fix these issues. I believe I obtained the download from the 3dgage site a long time ago, so I apologize if it is not the same download.

Thanks for any help and thanks again for the software,

U

Anyone out there know a workaround to get hole axis to put the point at the "top" instead of the "bottom" or the middle of the hole? (Or more likely what I may have done wrong). I created the purple surfs using revolve and the green holes (cylinders) using extrude. I put the file up on the FTP, in the X5 files folder named "HOLE AXIS"

Thanks to anyone willing to take a look.

P.S. Trying to get all the points to be at the OD.

• 4 weeks later...