Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Setup Sheet and Tool List - 3rd party Add-on

Good morning Gunther. I noticed the cycle time for the pencil path is inaccurate. The pencil path I just toolpathed backplots at 25 minutes and the setup sheet is displaying 4 hours and 40 minutes. I remember seeing this a couple years ago and you found a fix at that time. Thanks for a great setup sheet!! :D

It's in the clipboard.

You can paste it in almost any application.

Do you think the "save as file" option is necessary?

Günther,

For me the "save as file" option was great. I was taking screenshots during verify, so the operator was able to have a quick reference how the part should look at different stages.

Thanks for all the great work!

Hey Günther,

Installed X+ for X6 and now have the layout as I like it. It appears that the number of decimal places is no longer taken from the systems Regional & Language settings. Some values are truncated to 1 place (no trailing zeros) and others go to 4 places.

How do I control the number of decimal places?

Also, I really miss the scrollable tool list preview that showed with the X5 version! I used it on every job to preview Z Min vs Extension & Flute Length without having to launch a browser. It was great for quickly listing tools used on a specific B rotation for horizontals too.

Any chance of bringing it back?

In the X5 version, the css code contained a way to alternate the background color of the tool rows for clarity. I can't get this to work with the X6 version...any suggestions?

And finally, would it be possible to add the ability to rename the tool list headers?

Thank you for creating & supporting the X+ Setup Sheet...its indispensable and greatly appreciated!

John

The lang.dll

You'll probably have to save it to the desktop and then move the old, copy the new to the chooks\X+ folder.

It's string table 5 that your looking for.

Thanks Josh however when I try to view string 5 I get an error saying its a non-standard resource layout and has probably been compressed with an "EXE" compressor. I am using Resource Hacker to view it or try to I should say. Am I missing something??

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks Josh. I can open yours but still not mine. I also DL the lang.dll for X4 and X3 from GMCCS website and I could open the X4 alng.dll but not for X3 and that is what I am running (yes we are way behind on updates)I wonder what the differences is

• 3 weeks later...

There are many pages on this topic- so the answer may already be there- but my q is:- when i do a tool list with x+ can i edit it to show just certain bits of info- there is too much info shown at present- can i put custom info in for each tool or is all taken from tool def ?- thanks

Thanks Gunther!

I saw this posted back a couple pages and didn't see an answer. I was wondering if there was a way for X+ not to duplicate tools when I select a whole toolpath group? Right now to get around that I'm selecting each new tool for X+ to post out.

Thanks in advance!

lost the x+ tool list default program with the inventor 2013 installation

and selected adobe reader to open it( too early in the morning and no coffee) now I cannot open my tool list :crybaby: please advice running windows 7

thank you

please ignore this question, it was mastercam corrupted file.

saved under different name and it was all good again.