Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Insert.TBL in X5

Big Denny

I have seen this twice.

In both cases IT had to reset the permissions on the Public user account.

I also get this error, unfotunatly I'm as close as the company get to an IT department, which is to say I'm the only guy who cares enough to fix of update anything. How complex would that be? Amy input would be greatly apperciated :D !! Also I'm runnig Windows 7 and MCX4 thru MCAMX5 are all that the computer has been used for

Thank you,

Matt

The file "insert.tbl" is related to lathe inserts. It is located in the folder "shared mcamx5". I would have IT check to make sure your login has read/write priveleges to that folder. With Windows XP the default is set so that the average user does not have enough permissions to the "all users" folder. I think Win 7 it is called "public documents". Another clue that you dont have enough permissions is when you see alarms like "toolfilt.prm" when you are selecting tools from the tool libraries. Let us know if this solves your problem.

post-23209-0-80242100-1300404001_thumb.png

First THANK YOU!!!

This has been driving me up the wall! I will try this in the morning, and report back on saturday. I'm thinking this may be a machine/control def issue, I've had alot of issues with my file locations with the switch to X5. Again THANK YOU!!! I apperciate the help and your tolerance for my poor english and spelling skills too!!!!!!!

Thanks

Matt

• 1 month later...

I am wondering if anyone actually knows what this "Insert.TBL" file does. I was getting the error everytime that I opened X5. I ended up copy the "Insert.TBL" file from X4 and put it in X5, this seems to have stopped the error from coming up. I am wondering if doing this will cause another program down the road. By the way, we do not use Mcam Lathe.

the error you are seeing happens because the read/write access for the public profile is not set right.

You may well have issues in doing what you did.

I would suggest having your IT person set that profile properly.

I am wondering if anyone actually knows what this "Insert.TBL" file does. I was getting the error everytime that I opened X5. I ended up copy the "Insert.TBL" file from X4 and put it in X5, this seems to have stopped the error from coming up. I am wondering if doing this will cause another program down the road. By the way, we do not use Mcam Lathe.

Insert.tbl contains the combo box values and text for the turning insert tab page in the Define Lathe Tool dialog. It has not changed since X4, so you are OK using a version from X4 in X5. This is not necessarily true for any file in Mastercam though. JP's advice for setting permissions is the proper solution.

Insert.tbl contains the combo box values and text for the turning insert tab page in the Define Lathe Tool dialog. It has not changed since X4, so you are OK using a version from X4 in X5. This is not necessarily true for any file in Mastercam though. JP's advice for setting permissions is the proper solution.

Thanks for the response. I do not usually just copy and paste files but by the time IT looks at it, X6 will be out.

looks like my issues are not permissions related.

they are.

To control the level of access to the Public folder

Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Network and Sharing Center.

Click the arrow button Picture of the arrow button next to Public folder sharing, and then click one of the following options:

Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open files

Pick this one >>>>> Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open, change, and create files

Turn off sharing (people logged on to this computer can still access this folder)

Click Apply. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

It IS a permissions issue ultimately

Install goes OK, user has issues.

I can't tell you what IT guys have changed but they change something, my customer is then OK

IT people don't let us know what they've done.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, this problem started after install when I set a new location for the Shared Data Folder onto a network drive. There wasn't a permissions problem in my case. To correct this error I simply went back to the original Shared Folder, which was located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\shared mcamx5 and copied all the contents, including insert.tbl to the new shared data folder. Try checking under your configuration -> Files -> Data Paths -> Shared Data Folder, and see if the directory pointed to is different than the default install location. If so you might benefit from this solution. Hope that helps.

We have been getting more than a few tech calls because of IT people moving either my documents or shared documents to a server. This causes alot of strange problems with Mastercam functionality. Whenever we see this situation we insist that my docs and shared docs are re-set back to their normal paths on the C:drive. If there are still problems then uninstall and reinstall X5 because this is quicker than trying to diagnose what else is hosed. It took 25 days from the time this tbl thread was started to get it resolved. Could have uninstalled and reinstalled with default settings in less than an hour.

• 2 months later...

The file "insert.tbl" is related to lathe inserts. It is located in the folder "shared mcamx5". I would have IT check to make sure your login has read/write priveleges to that folder. With Windows XP the default is set so that the average user does not have enough permissions to the "all users" folder. I think Win 7 it is called "public documents". Another clue that you dont have enough permissions is when you see alarms like "toolfilt.prm" when you are selecting tools from the tool libraries. Let us know if this solves your problem.

I am having a similar issue, I have tried the permissions changes as well as copying the Insert.tbl file from X4, and I am still getting this error. Do you have any other suggestions, I can't seem to find any other info on this problem.

Thanks,

Mike Chisholm

• 2 months later...

Two other places you should check, both in the config:

1) Verify that in your config on the files page that the paths for user data and shared data are correct and that there are actually the correct files and folders there.

2) Verify that in your config on the Start/Exit page that the path for toolbars is correct.

Chris