Welcome to eMastercam.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Mastercam X /Windows 7 64 bit .. Hasp not found

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Kdiver

Kdiver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I was running both Mastercam 9.1 Design and Mastercam X Design on my computer running Windows XP pro 64 bit.

I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium and now can't get either to run .. Both give me a hasp not found error.
I have Windows 7 starter running on my netbook and it is running Mastercam 9.1 just fine.
I installed Mastercam X and it would not run
I installed service pack 1
I installed service pack 1 update 1
I installed service pack 1 update 3
I installed the latest drivers from Alladin for the Hasp

I'm concentrating on getting Mastercam X up and running.

Scott Lundin Shopware Inc.

Mastercam Certified Instructor

• Resellers
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Windows start button/all programs/mastercam x folder/click on the utility "Hasp X". At the top of the popup window it show a version number. If it is V4.0 it is too old. Go to the mastercam website and download the V5.5 HaspX.exe file. Run it and see if you start and end dates are good. You might have to use it to update your codes.

Kdiver

Kdiver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Windows start button/all programs/mastercam x folder/click on the utility "Hasp X". At the top of the popup window it show a version number. If it is V4.0 it is too old. Go to the mastercam website and download the V5.5 HaspX.exe file. Run it and see if you start and end dates are good. You might have to use it to update your codes.

I found the file under Misc. in the downloads area .. It shows Mastercam X and the dates show Unlimited

Tyler Robertson

Tyler Robertson

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2,152 posts
I had the same problem, the driver fixed it. I had a similar problem and get this - changing the hasp slots on the laptop got it to start working again. Some laptop USB slots seem to be iffy.. ie: can't charge my blackberry either

• Resellers
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Unlimited for start and end dates are good, but what does it say for maintenance expiration date?

• Resellers
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Nevermind, I re-read the original post and see that you are trying to get v9 and X to run on Windows 7 instead of XP. X4 was the first version supported by Windows 7. V9 and X are not going to run on Windows 7 and is not supported by mastercam.

JParis

JParis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,299 posts

I was running both Mastercam 9.1 Design and Mastercam X Design on my computer running Windows XP pro 64 bit.

Really, can you tell us how?

Are you running a Nethasp or is this another Bigfoot sighting?

Kdiver

Kdiver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
My provider sent me a MR update for Mastercam X and it's now up and running on my Windows 7 64bit machine.

I'm guessing V9.1 runs on my Netbook running Windows 7 starter because it's 32 bit I don't know.

I never had a problem running V9.1 or Mastercam X on my XP 64bit machine . I have a regular hasp not a net hasp.

In reference to the bigfoot reference .. I don't have time to waste lying to people while trying to get help.

JParis

JParis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,299 posts

I never had a problem running V9.1 or Mastercam X on my XP 64bit machine .

Can you tell us how? People have stated this before but no one has ever been able to say what they've done to get it running.

Thus my bigfoot comment, claimed but never seen ;)

It will run with a Nethasp but the Hasp driver for the USB doesn't support it, so it shouldn't run at all with a USB/Parallel Hasp.