Welcome to eMastercam.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Flexor-M Steel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

JMC

JMC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
I am currently working on a project with this stuff. I am finding all kinds of hard spots in this material (during a gundrill cycle, my spindle load will vary anywhere between 5 - 15% in a 9" deep hole....stays at 5% for an inch, climbs to 15%, back down to 5%, ect) Hard spots in the material would be very undesirable in the particular application that this part is for. (A bolt action receiver....hard spots could cause it to grenade)

I am wondering if we just came across a bad lot of material or if it common to see these issues with this Flexor-M

http://www.pennsylva...prehardened.php

jeff

jeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,629 posts
I've ran Flexor a few times, but I've never heard of Flexor M.
The stuff I've machined was just like 4150PHT, so it sounds like you have some bad material if there are random hard spots.

edit: 4150 PHT is 28-32 Rc.