Welcome to eMastercam.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Change units to metric

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Bill H

Bill H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I have a metric part to make. How do I change the units in MC?

Hardmill

Hardmill

Anti-Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,334 posts
Change your config or you can "xform scale"

PEACE :D

K2csq7

K2csq7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

LaszloK

LaszloK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
Whe I receive a metric print with only a few features (dimensions) I will often work in my standard inch configuration. When I input the numbers from the metric print I simply add "mm" to the dimension and let mastercam do the conversion. If it is a bigger project I will open MC in a metric configuration as mentioned save the part, and then re-open the file in an inch configuration.
  • ON STRIKE™ and Jroc85 like this

ablucra

ablucra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Whe I receive a metric print with only a few features (dimensions) I will often work in my standard inch configuration. When I input the numbers from the metric print I simply add "mm" to the dimension and let mastercam do the conversion. If it is a bigger project I will open MC in a metric configuration as mentioned save the part, and then re-open the file in an inch configuration.

+1

Jroc85

Jroc85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Wow, so many times I input /25.4 after the number. You just increased my productivity.
  • overthecrossbar and Aeroguy like this

Aeroguy

Aeroguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
Considering your productivity is pretty low as it is, that is an improvment .... hehehehe :)

Wow, so many times I input /25.4 after the number. You just increased my productivity.

• overthecrossbar and Jroc85 like this

ON STRIKE™

ON STRIKE™

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

good tip right there ;)

overthecrossbar

overthecrossbar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Considering your productivity is pretty low as it is, that is an improvment .... hehehehe :)

yeah really! his productivity was only double yours :P
  • Aeroguy and Jroc85 like this

Aeroguy

Aeroguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
Double is a somewhat relative value. It all depends on what time of the day it is, and and if it is close to break time.

yeah really! his productivity was only double yours :P

• overthecrossbar likes this

RaiderX

RaiderX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
just got done with a metric job. I opened mastercam in inch, modelled my part and then transform scaled by .03937. not going to say this is the greatest way to do it but worked well for me. tightest gen. tol on part was +/-.005 I did not use modeled hole sizes to net them as they were tight. am aware the conversion held some error.

doug

LaszloK

LaszloK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
The reverse also works. When working in a metric config simply add "in" to the dimension and MC will do the conversion for inches.