Welcome to eMastercam.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Solidworks tutorial

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

mig

mig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
Any advice for good SolidWorks tutorial (book or web) will be gratly apritiated .
Thank you

MotorCityMinion

MotorCityMinion

Advanced Member

• eMC Learning Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
Two of my favorites.

http://cadjunkie.com/

This guy gets the ball rolling, fast. Not boring and a great place to start for the novice.

http://gabijack.com/

Fun stuff all around.

This looks good also. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=w6QzHtS-Gk0

There are dozens of great sites out there. Google is your friend.

The bible is dry and boring but can help in a pinch.

Brad St.

Brad St.

Brad S.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
the tutorials in the help section I found are very good in themselves. Are you looking for something more specific ?

Lindsay W @ In-House Solutions

Lindsay W @ In-House Solutions

• Moderators
  • 64 posts
Are you looking for Solidworks itself, or Mastercam for Solidworks?

mig

mig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Are you looking for Solidworks itself, or Mastercam for Solidworks?

I lookig For SW itself ,but Mastercam for Solidworks also good .

DanielGingras

DanielGingras

• Moderators
  • 152 posts

I lookig For SW itself ,but Mastercam for Solidworks also good .

Here's a link to our Mastercam X5 for Solidworks eBook: http://www.emasterca...&do=item&id=259

Mr. M

Mr. M

Application Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
I like the SW tutorials included in SolidWorks

roland_1

roland_1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Any advice for good SolidWorks tutorial (book or web) will be gratly apritiated .
Thank you

I have some books in PDF. if you know how I can send it to you inform me

ROY_2

ROY_2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,161 posts
I liked the freebie video tutorials on Rhino from cadjunkie. I learned a few nifty tricks. Good site MCM (agreed).

A cool video using modo and SW using digitized data of an Audi A3 hood scoop. modo cleans it up real nice to make useable 3D data...then it's brought in to SW. Cool stuff!

Snehal Shah

Snehal Shah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
Hi,

I've published a SolidWorks Training Guide that includes a step by step approach on Parametric Sketching and Part Modeling in SolidWorks. This book is a great resource for any novice and intermediate user.

To find out more on the SolidWorks Training Guide, please follow the attached linkMy link

Snehal

Awbade

Awbade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Those Rhino tutorials were great, thanks for posting them

ROY_2

ROY_2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,161 posts
You're welcome, Awbade..

The Training manuals level 1 and level 2 (advanced surfacing techniques) are excellent. They come with it when you order a seat of Rhino (on a separate CD, the sample files will automatically load when you install the program). Read them carefully, they'll describe and demonstrate the awesome powers of Rhino.

Don't buy Rhino at the cheaper prices you see from sites (google Rhino3D and they'll be littered with 'buy Rhino for less' sites). Those are pirated software. You won't get the updates (plus they're illegal). If you are in school, you can purchase a student license for CHEAP. Fully functional as the commercial version. No maintenance fees, either.

Wait till Rhino V5 comes out next year (in beta version now). There's a reason Rhino has only 4 versions (in 30 years!). When they release a new version, it's full of new powers. V5 has awesome new stuff (like the Gumball feature, Monkey editor, being able to turn on control points for polysurfaces, etc., etc.). Can't wait... A commercial license upgrade is pennies on the dollar for what you get.

ROY_2

ROY_2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,161 posts

Those Rhino tutorials were great, thanks for posting them

Have you tried the Curve2Views command, yet? Create a 2D top view profile, for instance, and if it requires more than one curve to construct - join them. Then say go in the Front view and create a 2D profile (joining if necessary). Then with the Curve2Views, select them both and Rhino creates a 3D curve, which matches the top and front view shapes. It's WILD. And also extremely valuable for designing. Give it a try if you haven't already... I'm using it for spoiler designs. I can create the closed 3D curve I need, build the cross section curves, create the main surfs, etc. Blend the ends (which can be tricky...but not in Rhino). Use match curve and Patch surface - done and with G2 continuity.

Oh, to close the top and bottom surfs made, you can build the geo via blend curves or lines, arcs, whatever and match curve them. Use the End Bulge command to tweak their shapes if needed, or control point editing (inserting knots helps preserve the ends, keeping them G2 'curvature continuity' or G1 'tangent'). Or select the surfs themselves and create blended surfaces. A variety of techniques you can use..