Welcome to eMastercam.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

tool and matl libraries

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

bigprody

bigprody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
What is the best way to handle having multiple programmers at multiple stations working out of the same tool, matl, and operation directories?

Kevin

Bill Henderson

Bill Henderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
How do you mean? Using a server for the "shop's" libraries, or keeping it on individual workstations?

bigprody

bigprody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Using a server, it seems that when we change our defaults to the server, MC allways finds its way back to the orignal directories.

MikronGuy

MikronGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
your defaults in the control defs have to be changed thru the machine defs or they will not stick. tool libraries & material libraries data paths have to be changed in the general machine parameters thru the machine defs. when saving use the file save icon ( top left ) first before pushing the green check button.

Patriot

Patriot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I am currently using shared working directories for machine definitions and tool libraries, but I want to use my own default tool path settings. I can't figure out which setting actually changes this and lets me use my own settings, since the default ones we are using always have things to be changed everytime the default file a read only... :-/

So, can I keep the same machine definitions and everything as them, but pull my tool path defaults from my own file? And how?

JParis

JParis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,552 posts
When moving files to a server I always remove the local versions.

Generally I zip them up in place and delete the files.

In this way, it can't run home.