Welcome to eMastercam.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Found a Fadal VMC15

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Guest_CNC Apps Guy 1_*

Guest_CNC Apps Guy 1_*
  • Guests

If you want a decent machine in the same era look at a used Hitachi-Seiki.

No experience with Fadal's.

:o
Hitachi??? It's even harder to find parts for those. I would not touch a use HItachi with a 100 foot pole.

Hockey Guy™

Hockey Guy™

Advanced Member

• Customers
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

:o
Hitachi??? It's even harder to find parts for those. I would not touch a use HItachi with a 100 foot pole.

I have a friend that has a bunch of them, loves them.

Guest_CNC Apps Guy 1_*

Guest_CNC Apps Guy 1_*
  • Guests

I have a friend that has a bunch of them, loves them.

Everybody that has them loves them. The problem is that it is a dead machine tool builder with little to no parts availability, QUICKLY evaporating support base, etc... Control parts are the biggest problem. Nobody makes those boards anymore and if you need one, you're getting someone elses refurbed bad board.

JAMMAN

JAMMAN

3 + 2 = 5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
Hehehe do I know you? You hijacked my thread!!!! Think FADAL......

Anyhow I instantly miss my numbered turret. The whole tool loading thing seems like it lends room to errors. Length offset is going to be weird being on the HAAS we just bring the tool over, hit a button and if you have the right row highlighted it just enters the offset.

I came in for free today just to play with this thing. So far it seams like a tank but a very old tank that has not been used very much.

Calmotion is being a big help with the 5 ax attachment dream, is anyone else dealing with them?

JAMMAN

JAMMAN

3 + 2 = 5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
Whats up with the t-nuts on this thing? Standard nuts we use on the mills and the HAAS will not fit. Anyone have a hand full I could send paypal. Couldn't find any on e-bay.

MrCntry

MrCntry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Jamman,

I have no problems getting parts for those machines. Of course I am on the west coast. If you have any questions concerning the machine just let me know. I have been using Fadals for over 20 years now. Our first one was a 1989 I believe. We still use them today and have no problems. Not the fastest machine in the world but seem to be reliable. If you have any questions with the conrol I can help you there as well.

We have a 4th axis on every machine.

You can e-mail me directly as it might reach me quicker. If you would like to talk I can walk you thru some stuff as well. e-mail is chris(@)ogazent.com

Chris

Whats up with the t-nuts on this thing? Standard nuts we use on the mills and the HAAS will not fit. Anyone have a hand full I could send paypal. Couldn't find any on e-bay.