Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 MU1

Brian B 74

You guys are correct that it does snap if the cursor stays inside the tick marks. Thanks for pointing it out. Unfortunately that doesn't completely resolve the issue though. On a solid model with lots of features the auto cursor will snap to the solid features instead of the tick marks. Ever since Dynamic WCS was introduced I've placed the cursor way outside the tick marks to ensure there was no accidental snapping to part model features.

Its seems in transform(rotate and from pos.to pos) 1/2 the time it copies

even though I only have move check(geometry associative to a toolpath group)

I took a an older design with 5 components, before I started use WCS positioning,

and i am moving all the geo to WSC positions.

I get a copy of the geo/undo, repeat exact steps and then its fine.

It seems random, any body else experiencing this?

Someone in the office here had the same problem, when he gets in I'll ask if he ever got it addressed.

and on the update, no, we have one system in this office that will NOT take the update, it is being explored but I have nothing beyond that

:question:

Some things I noticed on day 1 of this MU1 release.

Old bugs still apparent:

1) Ramsaver still crashes now and then.

2) Renumbering tools still causes toolpaths to go dirty now and then

3) Changing speeds and feeds still causes toolpaths to go dirty now and then

4) Coolant in the ops manager still doesn't display correctly

5) Changing a misc value causes toolpath to go dirty

Fixed bugs with this MU1 release:

1) Importing ops from another part that include stockmodel ops imports without crashing

2) Screen no longer goes blank when moving geometry to a new level

3) Peel mill on WCS planes other that TOP comps the tool correctly

4) Changing comments on toolpaths no longer cause the toolpath to go dirty

5) Recalculate values button works immediately after selecting a tool

You can add this bug that did NOT get fixed to the list!

Bugs NOT fixed -6-

Bugs fixed -5-

Copy paths from one toolpath group to another and this PITA still occurs!!!

holeandholderdia.png

on all paths copied!!!!

MU2, where are you?

Hey peon, open a file and go to a toopath group that has like 10 tools and

delete (all)tool #1 and the highlight all the rest of the paths, right click/edit selected operations/Renumber tools

set like this and hit check mark.

renumb.png

I almost had a heart attack when it worked the first time!

Just want to see if it only randomly works.

I had an install error on 2 machines here. One was XP 32 bit and the other was Vista 64 bit. In both cases I was able to successfully install by first uninstalling X6, re-installing X6, and then adding the MU1 patch.

Thank You!! I'll try that in the morning.

Ok Rick, I did that, and the tool numbers changed without going dirty, but if i happen to select the tool within the operation after I changed the tool number, the path goes dirty. Weird... I have 6 toolpaths with tool #13, I right clicked on ONE of the operations and renumbered the tool number from 13 to 20 and hit the check. The tool number changed on that on operation, but didn't update the other ops using that tool and the tool is NOT visible in the tool manager. I posted all ops that contain T-20 and T-13. All the toolpaths were posted, but the code does not contain a toolchange for T-13! Again, modifying ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH TOOLS IS SCARY!!!

Rick / Peon,

Just wondering and may be nothing to do with it, but are you checking the blue cross or straight to the green tick.

I had a bit of the randoms going on when renaming tools in another thread I posted earlier, and it *seemed* to be related to how quickly I hit the blue cross followed by the green tick to whether or not the op went dirty???

Yes, same here, but if I went straight from the cross to the tick, it seemed to go dirty.

If I hit the cross, waited a couple of seconds then hit the tick, it seemed to be ok?

I had a collegue on my shoulder and we were dscussing the job which is how I stumbled upon this time delay thing.

Just curious.

Everytime I try to install the MU1 update, I get "Error 2727 the directory entry HORIZ4FRONT does not exist in the Directory table" ???

Any Ideas?

We seen this 4 times out of hundreds of installs so far. 3 were resellers and we still don't know why or what caused it. in all 4 cases the user was able to install after performing the following.

uninstalling X6

Deleting the X6 folders (shared mcamx6, program files mcamx6)

Cleaning the registry of all X6 items in both current user and local machine

reinstall X6 from DVD

Install MU1

The folder is correct and available, but the directory table that is used by the install project (install shield files) somehow has a kink in it and it can't find what it is looking for.

Haven't found another way around it yet. You are now number #5. Sorry.

Note: uninstalling X6 will remove any user modified installed files (defaults, posts, md, tools) so if you mad modifications to the default installed customizable files like mill_inch.defaults-6 then the X6 uninstall will remove them and when you install X6 you get the original ones which is confusing people in the beta program as MU1 overwriting them.

save your default files somewhere else.. some people are reporting that they are getting overwritten

The issue isn't MU1 overwriting the user customizable files, it was the uninstall, required for the beta testers, that was unistalling any modified installed file. For example if you use and modify the default installed files say for a tool library or default or post the X6 uninstall will remove them and then when you reinstall the default installed files are now what you are using.

eXample: user changes a setting in mill_inch.defaults-6, then unistall x6, the changed file - mill_inch.defaults-6 - is removed (in my opinion it should stay). This issue was only related to the default installed files. The problem is not the MU1 but the X6 install and once in the field not so easy to fix. I checked and it did the same thing in X5.

Development is looking into it and looking for a way to fix it if possible.

Suggest you back up ALL user modified files prior to an uninstall or better yet, create a restore point as mentioned earlier.

More to come as I get more information.

Newbee, if i change the tool description within a tool path, i can go directly to green check or apply and check at a very fast pace and the toolpath won't go dirty. But, if I change the tool number, within the toolpath, all the ops using that tool go dirty as soon as I get done changing the tool number. It appears that changing the tool name will no longer cause the toolpaths to go dirty, but changing the tool number will cause you to regenerate.

Is there a place where they have the bug fixes listed? Or should we assume that everything works correctly now?

The X6 MU1 readme contains a list of bug fixes, minus one that forgot to be included - here it is - 107146 I(GES - The attached IGES file is from SDRC - It reads into X5 MU1 and X6 with all of the trimmed surfaces handled nicely. In X6 MU1 and X7 all of the trimmed surfaces error out and come in un-trimmed.)

I can't get the holder library to open inside a toolpath on the holder page ?

Is anyone else seeing this ?

Go to "START", "Mastercam X6", "MCAMX Control Panel Applet", "User Interface", change "File dialog style" to "Mastercam X style", "Apply", "Green check" and see if that works for you.