Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How many time have you crashed today?

BenK

8 times today and I have only been at work for 3 hrs. Could they at least release a service pack to fix this. This is totally pathetic. I finally got the guts to start using X6MU1 and I have to say what a P.O.S. I get file open crashes every other time I open a file. The stock model is a joke. After about 20 high speed toolpaths the stock model slows to a crawl. I have been using Mastercam for over 19 years and I must say I am ready to jump ship!

6 times, all from rotating imported solids and transforming them into position.

I get one or two transforms then crash, saving in between each transform function

just to be able to continue :realmad:

I previously reported I had no issues rotating solids. Well, it just happened to me twice. I repeated the same steps in the same order the third time and it worked fine.

Crashed creating a WCS using two lines, and hit cancel so I could double check that I had the lines

right, crashed when I hit cancel lost 20 minutes work.

Note to self ....Just when you think mastercam is working great, no lag, you are

going super fast creating simple 2-d geometry, open and closing dialog boxes flawlessly,

hit cancel occasionally, flawlessly.........

EXPECT A CRASH!...... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

crash report sent in.......

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

0 times this week. Programmed a blisk, a turbine blade, a mold cavity, small lathe widget with a truckload of milling on it, and hacked togethers bome B-axis turning, I think there was a time study or two in there as well.

0 times this week. Programmed a blisk, a turbine blade, a mold cavity, small lathe widget with a truckload of milling on it, and hacked togethers bome B-axis turning, I think there was a time study or two in there as well.

You were using Mastercam X6MU1 ??!! :blink: :blink:

Then how does the MU releases fix them??

I am talking about the simple things like font sizes and mouse control, reset Tplane to top view. etc

Nothing that could possible affect the software reliability.

An how on earth could settings that are programmed in the softwares usability corrupt the software??

So you saying, even if I dont copy the settings and go from memory, that MC still will

give me issues regardless, because I changed settings????

BTW, i am not dropping the con fig file in from one to another if thats what you are thinking.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
You were using Mastercam X6MU1 ??!! :blink: :blink:

Yes.

I don't know how that is possible myself. He must rarely use ramsaver or open other parts while in a session.

I have not used RAMSaver in..., well, I'll just say I can't remember the last time I used it.

Nothing happens to James , he is exempt to our problems....lol... ;)

I have had p.m's from CNC Rep's from the reports i give

in this thread and others.

I do the crash reports but you never hear anything back from those.

Not true, I do experience :wallbash: from time to time, but the way I work, allows me to repeat what I encounter at will, so I've been fortunate enough to be able to figure out different ways to do things without too much effort. I alomost always do stuff the same way every time. I don't type in a bunch of stuff then press enter, I try to not work ahead of the software like I've seen a bunch of people do. I never run multiple sessions, repeat NEVER! The last :wallbash: I encountered was in X6 (not MU1). I copied a drill cycle with tip comp in it, then changed it to a Circle Mill cycle, when I went to select the new tool, MC would blow up, every time. So by the 3rd blow up, I was able to figure out the sequence I needed to do so that it woudl not crash. I submitted it, the work around, and it was fixed in MU1. That's pretty much how I work. It doesn;t make me imune form anything, it just helps the cause that's all. BTW, I never recieved a reply either about it. The fix just showed up in MU1.

You guys are lucky.

You Guru dudes must be able to tweak certain settings that I no nothing about.

I install and copy my config settings from previous instal and then crunch time.

:o

I NEVER copy configs from one release to another. The 30-45min I spend each release is a small price to pay for as near a gurantee as you can get for system stability.

I don't think luck has anything to do with it. I think it has more to do with consistent workflow, knowing exactly what you are doing and when you do it.

WHen I was teaching (V9 days), I would walk around the class during lab time and watch guys, and 99x out of 100, the guys that had the most issues (EVERY workstation was identical in EVERY WAY) were the guys that were just typing indescriminantly racing if you will. NOw, don;t get me wrong, I'm not saying you guys that have issues do this, but what I am saying is that the guys in my class that had issues had that in common. They were in a hurry, and got the system tied up in knots. Should software be able to be tied in knots? That's a whole other discussion because that goes way beyond Mastercam. I've tied up Access before because I was not as deliberate as I shoudl have been.

JM2CFWIW

James I don't copy the config file.....(Why does every body think thats what I mean???)

I open X5(and the config) on one monitor, and X6(and the config) on the other monitor , then copy convenient

setting that I like to use.

I can almost do it by memory but me brain drink too much

Just hitting cancel (the 'X') in a dialog box,(and getting the crash report screen) sure is tying it up in knots.... LMAO!~

I was able to figure out the sequence I needed to do so that it woudl not crash

identical to what I do

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

In your statement above, one could deduce that. Just sayin'.... :D

You see my system specs below. That's what I'm runnin'.

I don't know what to say about why some do experience problems and others do not but I doubt luck has anything to do with it.

We're still running X5Mu1, waiting for the X6 Mu2 :D

We have 2x workstations and I quite often run multiple sessions.

We use mastercam every day, but program 2 or 3 jobs a week. Some multiax, most 3ax, 80 ops ish.

We are not guru's by any means, but I reckon the last crash we had was X4.

I'm gobsmaked by the problems some of you guys have - I would be pulling what hair out I have left if that's the case.

But both of our pc's are on the network, but the network has no interweb access so there are no updates and no email.

Whether this is anything to do with it I really don't know, but our systems have been very stable, and we're not running the graphics card we should be.