Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Error 1935 on MCX6 install

flo

Avg. Spoke to reseller and he messaged back there was literature on it. He said it was most antivirus I think. After hours of trying to lock defaults to tje config and failing I'll head back in on Monday to do it the correct way after research on here. The most confusing thing about it was that u can enter the machine defs through the footpath manager and the settings page. One sticks permanently and one doesn't but both pages are identical.

Why not make the pages different or give decent literature which is very clear. I'm in a new job so new to mastercam. Everything about it seems to just be a work around. I always thought it was renound as the best machining package. But my day to day use of it is becoming frustrating.

The most confusing thing about it was that u can enter the machine defs through the footpath manager and the settings page. One sticks permanently and one doesn't but both pages are identical.

Its supposed to work that way.

The control/machine def that you access via the Toolpath Manager is the internal copy, unique to that file.

Edits made to this copy applly to that file ONLY.

The Control/Machine Def accessed via the Settings Menu is the permanent copy and edit to it will stick,

and be used in all future files.

I almost never access the Toolpath Manager copy.

New job new to mastercam. The workshop has three seats mine on x5 and two others on x4. The guy I took over from sorted his upgrade to x5 out but left the others. The main issue is I'd rather upgrade to x6 but even with me on x5 I can't edit the tool tables because they are on a server with 2 Milton mills linked in to it both with a full carousel of tools and about 50 common tools already loaded in racks to go in either machine. V well set up and it works.

I only found out while reading on here about the defs not sticking and the reason why. If you know the software its all good if not the pages/tabs are the same no matter what way you enter it. Even if they were made different background colours it would make it clearer. Because you do one thing and it sticks think you've enter the tab again to edit the defs and they don't.

Anyway enough griping and lots to learn about the software.

Next port of call is to get my boss to sort out renewing the online tutorials and get my head around wcs. Instead of moving and orientation the part when it's imported.

They all use surface machining at work. I was used to working totally with solids and seemed better to me. What does every one on here use solid machining or surface.