Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Newbee stupid question thread

JAMMAN

Did you notice at the top of my posted code that it outputs the TA,1 so you only have to have the machine sitting at the Command to send? you can also change that for DNC and will run from there to.

Yes I saw that, cool trick but I'm using the lancnc-fad from calmotion knowing eventually I will have to drip large programs from it. Runs off a 2G SD card. Imagine seeing that 15 years ago, we would have thought the aliens had invaded and abducted our machines.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I saw that, cool trick but I'm using the lancnc-fad from calmotion knowing eventually I will have to drip large programs from it. Runs off a 2G SD card. Imagine seeing that 15 years ago, we would have thought the aliens had invaded and abducted our machines.

That is cool tool and ya seeing that 15 years ago would of been a mind blower. LOL

This is the portion of the overall program I just ran. Even using a rigid tap holder it made good threads though there was a pause before the tap reversed like some of you speculated.

N520 ( 1/4-20 TAPRH TOOL - 3 DIA. OFF. - 3 LEN. - 3 DIA - 0.25 )

N530 T3 M6

N540 G0 G90 S250 M3 E1 X-2.5 Y1.031

N550 H3 Z.1 M8

N560 G84 G99 X-2.5 Y1.031 Z-.65 R0.1 F250. Q.05 P50

N570 X0.

N580 X2.5

N590 Y-1.031

N600 X0.

N610 X-2.5

N620 G80

N630 M5 M9

N640 G90 H0 Z0.

N650 M1

Me again,

our Fadal seems to be stopping at all endpoints, even in arcs. Infinite look ahead is on in mastercam, but I remember from the "crusader M" days you could use Aux 1000 to smooth the transition. Is there a setting in the Fadal that makes it not stop at the endpoints? Seems like it should be a default.

About 50 in/minute. Too much for 88HS? I hope not, I worked at a place called Toolco in Michigan that had a floor full of Fadals, I saw them doing carbon trodes at a rate I think was faster than that, all smooth motion, multi surface. Kinda miss that place.

Hi again, just looking for shortcuts now.

I open up 6.

I go to machine type and select the fadal.

I delete group 1 in the OP manager

I go to properties/tool settings in the ops manager.

I check "assign tool numbers sequentially"

Is there any way to set a default machine? Lets say for mill right now I'm playing with the fadal but eventually more programs will be going on the HAAS than the Fadal. So I would like it to open up with HAAS set as the default machine, and tool numbers sequentially already selected. I did do a search for the sequential tool numbers and every post was "In the ops manager click on tool.........". There has to be a way to make it default I figure.

OK I'll call but I really really are not a phone guy, and when I post here people only answer when they have time, I feel like less of an inconvenience. Because of the "company" e-mail filter I never know if something is going to get through or not, I've been using personal e-mails to get files and posts.

Thank you-

As it turns out I was in control defs but was clicking on "tool" on the left, actually needed to click on operation defaults, scroll to the top and expand properties... tool settings is in there just like in the op manager.

Todd is a good guy :)

I do appreciate all the help I am getting from the members here, I have about a year of catching up to do in a few weeks so I'm grateful for all the input.

So, Nils is out on vacation for 2 weeks and I get to be the programmer for awhile...by myself....>.< talk about trial by fire!

Anyways, here's my question.

For some reason, when opening Mcam in the morning (Using X5 for this particular project, since the job we got has custom form-tools that had been made in X5, and half-programmed in X5.) I lose my gradient background and X5 opens in (MastercamX5 Design) instead of Mill-level 3.

I can go into settings -> Config -> Start/Exit -> Default start type -> Mill. But as soon as I restart the computer, we're back to design....... =/