Welcome to eMastercam.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Haas ST lathe tap cycle G32-->G84

7 replies to this topic

DaveR

DaveR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
First time trying to use rigid tap on my ST-10.

Post is outputting a G32, we need a G84.

Anyone know what to change in the post? I did not find a switch anywhere, I was hoping it would be that simple...

Any help appreciated.

Dave

JParis

JParis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,305 posts
Dave,

Typically, I take the ptap out of a milling post and set it up, a couple of variables may need to be altered but that's the gist of it.

If you want to send me a z2g I have some time today, I'll alter it and send it back to you

NOTW Programmer

NOTW Programmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

First time trying to use rigid tap on my ST-10.

Post is outputting a G32, we need a G84.

Anyone know what to change in the post? I did not find a switch anywhere, I was hoping it would be that simple...

Any help appreciated.

Dave

Which post do you have, MPMaster ? Do you want to make the Mods yourself or for anyone of us to do them here.

DaveR

DaveR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
I'm using the Haas SL 4X post. I have made modifications myself in the past but only under adult supervision :D.

John I sent you an e-mail, thank you again.

Dave

JParis

JParis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,305 posts
Gotcha Dave, watch your inbox this morning

DaveR

DaveR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
Yes that did the trick thank you very much John!

Next time you buy a beer, get something good and pretend I bought it for you :D

Omega_Eng

Omega_Eng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I would like to do the samething to my post file. Is it possible you could explain how you made this change to your post file?

Rocketmachinist

Rocketmachinist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
I don't have it in front of me but it was something like search for "canned cycle" "Tap" or try "G32". There should be an area where is talks peck cycle g81, and tap cycle G32. Then I think you needed to change the feedrate letter from e to f and I think you also need to take out a line like pl_peck. Im trying to help out as best at I can but I have been locked out of work for 2 weeks now because of the govt shutdown so I can't take a look at my post.

Reply to this topic