Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need help with custom error message using mprint

I am trying to make the post display an error message and then exit. I looked at a few threads on here and it is almost working. In the error message section of the post I added this line

highfeederror : "WARNING - HIGH FEED FUNCTION CAN NOT BE USED WITH DYNAMIC FIXTURE OFFSET - CHANGE SETTINGS OF MISC VALUES" #########BEN ADDED ENTIRE LINE 11-28-12

then down in the ptlchg_com section I added this line

if mr1$ > 0, result = mprint(highfeederror), exitpost$ #########BEN ADDED ENTIRE LINE 11-28-12

When I post it the message box comes up when it should but will dispay an error message of "0." instead of the message I created. If I change (highfeederror) to one of the existing strings in the error message section it outputs the correct text for that message. I can't see any differance in the formatting of my line compared to the other lines. What am I doing wrong? Below is the entire error message section with the last line being the one I added.

# Error Messages -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

srindxerror : "WARNING - ROTARY INDEX ANGLE DOES NOT MATCH MACHINE DEF SETTING - DO YOU WISH TO EXIT?"

stindxerror : "WARNING - TILT INDEX ANGLE DOES NOT MATCH MACHINE DEF SETTING - DO YOU WISH TO EXIT?"

stlorgerr : "ERROR - TOOL ORIGIN DOES NOT MATCH CENTER OF ROTATION IN POLAR MILLING"

shomeserror : "ERROR - G92 WORK OFFSET, 'wcstype', DOES NOT SUPPORT TRANSFORM SUBPROGRAM"

sprgnerror : "ERROR - SUBPROGRAM NUMBER MATCHES THE MAIN PROGRAM NUMBER"

scompwarn : "WARNING - CUTTER COMP APPLIED ON ARC MOVE"

smiscerror : "WARNING - MISC VALUES SET TO POST DEFAULT FOR CURRENT OPERATION"

srotaxerror : "ERROR - MORE THAN 2 ROTARY AXES DETECTED IN SELECTED AXIS COMBINATION - OUTPUT MAY BE INVALID"

srotlimwarn : "WARNING - ROTARY LIMITS EXCEEDED - CANCEL TO EXIT"

stiltlimwarn : "WARNING - TILT LIMITS EXCEEDED - CANCEL TO EXIT"

splungewarn : "WARNING - MODIFY LEAD-IN PARAMETERS TO PLUNGE AFTER FIRST MOVE"

saxissuberror : "ERROR - AXIS SUBSTITUTION NOT SETUP FOR CURRENT MACHINE CONFIGURATION/TOOLPLANE SELECTION"

syerror : "ERROR - Y-AXIS MOTION WITH NO Y-AXIS SET IN AXIS COMBINATION - CHECK AXIS COMBINATION AND ROTARY AXIS SETTINGS"

spolarinterror : "ERROR - POLAR INTERPOLATION NOT SETUP FOR THIS MACHINE CONFIGURATION"

sarcwarn : "WARNING - MISMATCHED ARC COORDINATE DATA"

serr_badsim : "ERROR - POST NOT LICENSED FOR BOOTLEG SIMS - POST WILL EXIT"

serr_checksim : "ERROR - POST NOT LICENSED FOR CURRENT SIM - POST WILL EXIT"

serr_clock : "ERROR - POST LICENSING PERIOD ANOMOLY - POST WILL EXIT"

serr_exp : "ERROR - POST LICENSING PERIOD HAS EXPIRED - POST WILL EXIT"

serr_exp_day : "WARNING - POST LICENSING PERIOD EXPIRES TOMORROW "

serr_exp_month : "WARNING - POST LICENSING PERIOD EXPIRES "

serr_simtype : "ERROR - POST NOT LICENSED FOR SIM TYPE - POST WILL EXIT"

serr_dsclm_acc : "ERROR - DISCLAIMER TERMS NOT ACCEPTED - POST WILL EXIT"

saccept : "I accept the terms of the WARRANTY DISCLAIMER and LIMITATION OF LIABILITY."

serr_machsim : "ERROR - POST NOT LICENSED FOR MACHINE SIMULATION - POST WILL EXIT"

serr_fiveax : "ERROR - POST NOT LICENSED FOR 5-AXIS OPERATIONS - POST WILL EXIT"

serr_threeplustwo : "ERROR - POST NOT LICENSED FOR 3+2 TILTED PLANE OPERATIONS - POST WILL EXIT"

swarn_machsim : "WARNING - THIS MACHSIM FILE SET REQUIRES THAT THE CORRESPONDING MACHINE DEFINITION IS SELECTED"

smachsimcompwarn : "WARNING - CUTTER COMP IN CONTROL NOT SUPPORTED BY MODULEWORKS MACHINE SIMULATION"

smachsimwcswarn : "WARNING - USE OF NON-TOP WCS IS NOT SUPPORTED BY MODULEWORKS MACHINE SIMULATION"

highfeederror : "WARNING - HIGH FEED FUNCTION CAN NOT BE USED WITH DYNAMIC FIXTURE OFFSET - CHANGE SETTINGS OF MISC VALUES" #########BEN ADDED ENTIRE LINE 11-28-12

When I found I could not use high feed with dynamic fixtures, I just started using regular fixture offsets creating a new plane for each angle but keeping the same zero position on the part. I always set the T-plane/C-plane to the first offset at the B0 rotation. That is the only offset I need to set at the machine. Then I use a macro that will write the new fixture offsets to any angle I choose, and as many as I choose. This way I can use the high feed at any rotation. This macro is for a Fanuc 16i control. Keep in mind that the exact center of the pallet must be know just as with dynamic offsets.

Email if You would like more detail on this.

• 5 months later...

Got it. All better.

Another thing I just noticed is when I post out only a partial of the program to look at something.

The angle output is A0. and not A270. like it should be but if I post the entire file when it gets to the tool in question the A270. is correct.

Not good if I were to partial post for a cut and paste. It would start at the location