Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPMaster Doesn't Post Wear Comp Comment on Pocket Toolpath

I just started using MPMaster with our Haas Control Definition. I noticed on a pocketing toolpath the comment says Compensation is Computer. But I am using wear comp. Is there a way to fix this? Here is what I am getting...

%

O0333 (SOFT JAW MACHINING)

(MCX FILE - O:\MASTERCAM\HENDRICK\168880\SETUP.MCX-6)

(PROGRAM - SOFT JAW MACHINING.NC)

(DATE - JAN-14-2013)

(TIME - 10:30 AM)

(T16 - 1/4 FLAT ENDMILL - H16 - D16 - D0.2500")

G00 G17 G20 G40 G80 G90

G91 G28 Z0.

(COMPENSATION TYPE - COMPUTER)

T16 M06 (1/4 FLAT ENDMILL)

(MAX - Z4.)

(MIN - Z-.125)

G00 G17 G90 G55 X-2.5264 Y-.0425 S1725 M03

G43 H16 Z4. M08

Z.2

G94 G01 Z.02 F10.

G03 X-2.5 Y-.05 Z.0171 I.0264 J.0425 F12.

X-2.45 Y0. Z.0088 I0. J.05

X-2.5 Y.05 Z.0006 I-.05 J0.

X-2.55 Y0. Z-.0077 I0. J-.05

X-2.5264 Y-.0425 Z-.013 I.05 J0.

X-2.5 Y-.05 Z-.0159 I.0264 J.0425

X-2.45 Y0. Z-.0242 I0. J.05

X-2.5 Y.05 Z-.0324 I-.05 J0.

G01 Z-.12 F10.

G41 D16 X-1.8706 Y.105 F12.

G03 X-2. Y.122 Z-.125 I-.1294 J-.483

G01 X-2.5

G03 X-2.622 Y0. I0. J-.122

X-2.5 Y-.122 I.122 J0.

G01 X-1.5

G03 X-1.378 Y0. I0. J.122

X-1.5 Y.122 I-.122 J0.

G01 X-2.

X-2.02

G03 X-2.1494 Y.105 Z-.12 I0. J-.5

G01 G40 X-2.1639 Y.1011

Z.2 F100.

G00 Z4.

I deleted a large section of the code, but you can see there is a G41 in the code. So I know it is turning on wear comp.

• 7 months later...

Any response to this issue? I noticed that in the code the wear comp and diameter offset are not being posted in the tool table. This only seems to be an issue when creating a pocket toolpath, when I have a contour toolpath the wear compensation and diameter offset is being posted correctly in the tool table.

Any Ideas?

I just started using MPMaster with our Haas Control Definition. I noticed on a pocketing toolpath the comment says Compensation is Computer. But I am using wear comp. Is there a way to fix this?

It would be the same if you did 2 contours one with Computer Comp and then one with Control Comp, it shows whatever is first.

You could add this line to ptlchg0$

if opcode$ <> 3 & opcode$ <> 16, pbld, n$, pspc, scomm_str, "COMPENSATION TYPE - ", *scomp_type, scomm_end, e$

It will then also show up at every pass of a multi depth/pass operation.

In my situation I don't need to post the compensation type as a comment, but I do want my tool table at the start of the program to post the D offset and that it is in wear compensation. A pocket toolpath seems to be the only toolpath that will not post the D offset or the comp type in my tool table? How can I fix that?

So I figured out that when doing the finishing pass for a pocket even when the cutter compensation is set to "Wear" it outputs it as "Computer". This is why its not showing up in my tool table. However, in the code it is still outputting a G41 and a call to the D offset in the controller.

Anyone know why it is outputting the cutter comp as "Computer" instead of "Wear" when I have it set to Wear in the parameters, and I am only doing a finishing pass, there is not roughing pass?

Personally I have always had so many issues with finishing with the pocket toolpath, I generally use the pocket toolpath to rough and then use a contour toolpath for finish.

Yes, its an extra toolpath, however it allows you to make multiple finish passes and control all aspects of the finishing path with much greater precision.

Anyhow that said.. is the code that's output actually being out not correct code for wear comp?

Wear comp and computer comp code really will only differ from one another by the wear one turning comp on with the G41 and a D offset as well as having the G40 to cancel comp at the end.

Both wear comp and computer comp will output code that is based on the C/L of the tool.

If you really want to find out if its posting the thing in wear run the debugger and add a watch on the comp_type / scomp_type variables.. then you can monitor if they are in fact changing when it outputs the finishing path.

I am guessing its changing the comp_type fine, however when it runs the tool table it writes the tool table out in order based on the lines in the NCI file which means that whatever is the first comp value it encounters for a given tool is what comp value is written into the tool table.

This happens regardless what type of path it is because of how the logic for the tooltable is written in the post. It does not have logic in it that by default checks every use of the tool and specifies all the ways comp is applied to each tool.

In order to have it handle comp correctly it is necessary to output the tool information to buffer files from the pwrtt$ postblock , then create a new tool table postblock that reads in the buffer files and writes the tool table the way you want it, then finally call the new tooltable postblock from psof postblock..

Its really not a trivial job..