Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pulling Manufaturers data from tool

Good day all,

The tool information has a spot for manufacturer info. I would like the .SET to pull info from this spot that is actually tool location in Vidmar cabinet. I, can of course access this, but can i code it so the info will be posted as a string that I can then format and add to my post? I haven't done any serious post work in over ten years and am dealing with the old useit or lose it syndrome. If someone can help walk me thru tis it would be a welcome addition to my setup info. Foremen can't find the tools specified. Mostly the out of the ordinary tools that is. Of course the easiest way to get the info is to make the programmer provide it. Thanks in advance for any assistence rendered.

Tim Kozak

Deka Batteries

Lyon Station, PA

What post did you use as a base ? The default "MILL.SET" that comes in x5/x6 has this already in place for you.

If you look at the 'Optional Output Settings', (around line 162) you will see

"show_tool_mfg : yes$ #Output the tool definition - 'manufacturer' data?" if that is set to No, change to YES.

' -----------------------------------------------------------

If you are starting from scratch, do the following:

in the 'String variables' section, add the following:

stl_mfg_com : "" #'tool mfg comment' from tool

in the pparameter$ postblock, add the following:

if prmcode$ = 20002, stl_mfg_com = sparameter$ #'manufacturer' data

then, in the psetup postblock, output the mfr

if stl_mfg_com <> "",

"(TOOL MANUFACTURER = ", stl_mfg_com,")", e$

Rocheev1,

And so it is. Time for true confessions. As my SET file has done its job just fine for so long, all i did was run it thru update to current version. It's from, oh about X. New one is just what I need. I'll just make my custom changes to the new one and go from there. I was out for 2 days, so this is my 1st opportunity to get back to you. I thank you. This should stop the whining for a bit...Right!!! Anyway, thanks that'll do it.

Tim

• 6 months later...

What post did you use as a base ? The default "MILL.SET" that comes in x5/x6 has this already in place for you.

If you look at the 'Optional Output Settings', (around line 162) you will see

"show_tool_mfg : yes$ #Output the tool definition - 'manufacturer' data?" if that is set to No, change to YES.

' -----------------------------------------------------------

If you are starting from scratch, do the following:

in the 'String variables' section, add the following:

stl_mfg_com : "" #'tool mfg comment' from tool

in the pparameter$ postblock, add the following:

if prmcode$ = 20002, stl_mfg_com = sparameter$ #'manufacturer' data

then, in the psetup postblock, output the mfr

if stl_mfg_com <> "",

"(TOOL MANUFACTURER = ", stl_mfg_com,")", e$

Thanks Rocheey1!

I was wondering how to output the tool code! We use the Tool Code window fro barcodes so the guys can scan the barcode to get an insert out of the vending machine.