Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to change a G83 to post three positive z's?

Hello,

I am building a post for our Bridgeport 308 machine.. It has a different canned cycles.. For all canned cycles G81 to G85 the z has to be a positive number not negative.. Also it needs two z code for each peck on a G83 so first peck Z then next Z is second peck... I started with a MPmaster post with X6.. I can just put a positive Z number in Mastercam but the verify or backplot will be wrong...

Here is how I need it to post..

G99 G83 X(First hole X location) Y (First hole Y location) Z (Positive final depth) Z (Positive 1st peck depth) Z (Positive 2nd peck depth) F (feed rate)

Here is how it post now...

G00 G17 G90 X2.5625 Y-.25 S2200 M03

H5 Z1.

Z.1

G94

G99 G83 Z-.53 R.1 Q.0265 F4 <---------------- Z needs to be positive and the R and Q need to be gone and the X,Y location from above needs to be on this line------------------------------->

Can this be done?

Thanks

this will add the X and Y on the first line

force_dpts : no$ #Force XY output on all drilling lines including cycle call?

change to

force_dpts : yes$ #Force XY output on all drilling lines including cycle call?

Great thanks... Do you know how to get rid of the R and Q on the canned cycles? Also how to post positive Z's in all canned cycles?

Thanks

• 9 months later...

This equation will take care of your positive z's. Took a bit to figure out the right language as my base in code is java and things of that nature:

ppeck$ # Canned Peck Drill Cycle

if depth$ < 0, depth$ = zr$ + depth$ * -1.

n$, *sgdrill, *x$, *y$, *depth$, peck1$, peck2$, dwell$, *frplunge$,e$

This will take any take any (-) depths make them positive and the zr$ has to be added on BOSS8 to take in account the feed plane distance when drilling cycles are used.

I started with a boss9 post from v9 of mastercam. Thought it would be easier but there are some serious differences.

To remove the R and the Q you need to edit the variable to reflect whatever letter your control reads for dwell and remove any reference to Q (example):

fmt P 1 dwell$

fmt Z 1 peck1$

fmt Z 1 peck2$

what BOSS8 uses. Seems yours might be same or similar.

This equation will take care of your positive z's. Took a bit to figure out the right language as my base in code is java and things of that nature:

ppeck$ # Canned Peck Drill Cycle

if depth$ < 0, depth$ = zr$ + depth$ * -1.

n$, *sgdrill, *x$, *y$, *depth$, peck1$, peck2$, dwell$, *frplunge$,e$

I'm not really sure... I would use abs() function:

if depth$ < 0, depth$ = abs(zr$ + depth$)