Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Definition Setup

westerfieldc

If you are using the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Post as a starting point, then you don't need to set up anything in the Machine Definition. The post will not read any of that information, you must configure the setup for the machine inside the post, using the 'rotaxis1$', 'rotdir1$', 'rotaxis2$', and 'rotdir2' variables.

I highly recommend starting with a 5X HMC configuration, as the machine base matrix has already been setup.

I have tried this a couple of diffrent ways with it all comming out the same. I did try starting out with the 5X HMC configuration and the same thing still happens. When I select the solid for the spindle on the two axis's under the spindle group the first axis moves the spindle in what ever axis I choose. When I choose the next axis down it moves a second spindle in the othe axis direction that I have set. It's just as the picture I attached before. I am starting to believe that this may be a bug because the machine base that I set up works as it shoud. Although I have missed things before.

Thanks

Westerfield,

What are you trying to setup? If you are trying to setup a Post Processor for your Mori Seiki, then you do not need to use the Machine Definition Manager to do this. All of the configuration for the Post is done inside the Post itself.

To answer your question directly: each axis component in your Kinematic tree should have a single solid entity, that is a separate solid. When we setup machines for MT, we use the Machine Definition Manager (like you are doing), and the functionality works as expected.

What are you trying to accomplish by selecting Solids for the Axis Components? This kinematic tree is currently only used for the upcoming MT product. Trying to use it to setup a 5 axis post, or Machine Simulation doesn't work. That's not what it is (currently) used for.

The are certainly some reasons to go through and setup the Kinematic tree in the Machine Definition properly, but not in this case.

Currently the MD is only used for:

MT

Aggregate Heads/Block Drills for Router/Mill

Axis Combinations for Multi-spindle or multi-turret lathes

Coolant configuration

Min/Max RPM settings

That's not to say that you can't use the MD. There is a ton of functionality that is 'available' to a post writer, if they choose to use it. My point here is that much of that functionality is available, but not hooked up to the post by default. So going through and creating the Solids, and loading them into the Machine Definition Manager won't help you accomplish anything.

If you want to use Machine Simulation, you need to use the Machine Simulation functions to set that up. (You can get some training videos from your Reseller that explain the process of setting up custom machines for Machine Simulation.)

Thanks,

Colin

Currently the MD is only used for:

MT

Aggregate Heads/Block Drills for Router/Mill

Axis Combinations for Multi-spindle or multi-turret lathes

Coolant configuration

Min/Max RPM settings

Certainly not bustin your balls Colin, but somebody needs balls busted in the very least...... Have you ever,ever used a software for 6 versions that has so many buttons that do absolutely nothing?

.......yet lead the average user to believe they do........