Welcome to eMastercam.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

MasterCam X6, I can not build a chain

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

pevek80

pevek80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I can not build a chain for the new model. But if I use the old file from the MC X4, I can build a chain.
Why?
See the video.
Sorry my english!

Attached Files

pip

pip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
You have no chain to select. It is a solid. Use solid selection to chain it. Or draw new chain around the solid.

SledGeek

SledGeek

Advanced Member

• eMC Learning Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Create /curve/curve on all edges.....select your solid or surfaces. This will create your wireframe on the whole part. You can also use "Curve on one edge" and select just the edges you want instead of the whole part.

pevek80

pevek80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you!
Why I can to built the chain for "Old_sample"? What are the differences between the two files ( "Old_sample" and "Sample").
When I used the MC X4 I did not have such problems.

SledGeek

SledGeek

Advanced Member

• eMC Learning Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
I couldn't see the video. It sounds like you are importing a file that is getting wireframe in X4, but no wireframe in X6.
Are you importing these models from a different format....iges, step,sldprt etc ?
If you are, then go to your configuration in X6 and look under converters. See if the "edge curves" button is checked. It migh be checked in X4 but not in X6

Also, use your screen/ statistics drop down to seen exactly what entities are on your screen.....

Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,693 posts
Review picture.

pevek80

pevek80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Are you importing these models from a different format....iges, step,sldprt etc ?
If you are, then go to your configuration in X6 and look under converters. .

Yes! Thank you very much!
I changed the settings and it works!

Attached Files

• Attached File  222.jpg   133.32KB   20 downloads

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3,693 posts
You do not have to make wire on model why not use solid selection and pick the solid edges.

SledGeek

SledGeek

Advanced Member

• eMC Learning Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
pevek, I typically do what Jay is saying whenever possible , too. Just bring in your solid and you can add wireframe for just what you need for boundaries or whatever. Bringing in a model with all the wireframe just adds to file size when you don't always need it for machining. Use the solids chaining option in your toolpaths....quick and easy.

pevek80

pevek80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you all again!
I will accept your advices.