Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I want need 5axis post sample ,thanks

Check with your reseller. 5-Axis posts are very customized to the specific machine that they are written for, and someone else's post would probably not work on your machine. If you are inexperienced enough to need to see how the code is written, such a 'sample' post would probably be very confusing.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Why in generic 5x fanuc post table-table, not work multiaxis drilling?

if i use multiaxis drilling, all in one heap

( 10. CENTER DRILL |TOOL - 2|DIA. OFF. - 2|LEN. - 2|TOOL DIA. - 10.)

T2 M6

G0 G54 G90 X0. Y0. C0. B0. S1145 M3

G43 H2 Z105.

G81 G99 Z99.5 R105. F114.5

X100. Z49.5 C90. B-90. R55.

C0.

C-90.

C-180.

G80

M5

G0 G28 G91 Z0.

G0 G28 X0. Y0.

G28 C0. B0.

M30

%

Please tell me how to do it good :help: :help: :help:

Looks good to me. What is the error you are seeing? What problems when running machine does it cause? Like posted above sample file helps. Talking to your reseller invaluable.

The documentation for Fanuc, in the opening paragraph says that you need to cancel the cycle when changing the axis

post-47580-0-13812000-1386075110_thumb.jpg

I am not yet ready to give up $****** for 1 point change in the generic postprocessor <_<

Edited by gcode
TOS violtaion_pricing

The documentation for Fanuc, in the opening paragraph says that you need to cancel the cycle when changing the axis

When are you changing your drilling axis? I am guessing that you are always drilling in "Z"...to do otherwise would be VERY unusual (changing to a right angle head during a cycle would be next to impossible). Your code looks good.

• Like 1
I am not yet ready to give up $ **** - $ **** for 1 point change in the generic postprocessor <_<
Penny wise $100 dumb I will take it? Keep knocking yourself out been plenty of help on this forum over the years on how to change posts. That is a very simple one and again your reseller could handle that very quick and not make you buy a complete post processor. If that does not get the issue resolved then you shoot off an email to post(at)mastercam(dot)com and they will help you get it straightened all out. Since it seems you are going to become a post expert to save your company money. While in all reality costing ten of thousands of dollars while you learn then I suggest you contact your dealer for the post documentation. It is only about 10,000 pages of documentation in PDF format you should have it all nailed down pretty soon.

Now someone will come into this thread and think I am being a wise arse. Thing like mentioned in other threads in less than honest people not you mind you. I mean with your 100's of posting in here letting us get to know your a legit user we have from time to time people who are using pirated software asking for help. We ask them to contact their dealer as a check to see if they are legit. Once their dealer chimes into the thread we all then know they are 100% legit not using pirated software which is stealing and if a company is found to have it could cost them $250k in fines then we are more than glad to help them. Again we are very sure with your whole 10 postings you are legit, but then there is the matter of respect to dealer since they get paid to help their customers. Then there is the whole matter of respect to the post department at CNC you know since they get paid also to help people with posts. See I have only been on this board 10 years so everyone who knows me on here knows I am a little off they they ignore these responses and do not get offended when I break down the facts like this. You being a well known person by us all get that correct?

Edited by DanielGingras
the quote was a TOS violation
That is, the dealer is not required to take money for minor changes. If I understand correctly !?
Each dealer has different polices and ask yourself the same question about things your customers want done. Are you always helping the dealer and working them as they go along through the year or are you a blue moon caller? They have a business to run like anyone and again every one of them are different and set the polices that help them stay in business. I would charge you 4 hours of my time if you called me and ask me to do it and I am not cheap since I got a family to feed and a pretty good backlog of work right now, but if you were one of my regular customers then I would probably do that and only that. That is just me and I cannot comment again on other companies polices or method of running their business.

If you count the time you spend trying to tweak a post when you don't know how

Testing bad code on the machine.. nearly crashing the machine

making bad parts cause the post is no good etc etc etc ..

It is normally much cheaper to pay a professional to tweak your post.

I'm speaking from many years of personal experience.

• Like 1

If you count the time you spend trying to tweak a post when you don't know how

Testing bad code on the machine.. nearly crashing the machine

making bad parts cause the post is no good etc etc etc ..

It is normally much cheaper to pay a professional to tweak your post.

I'm speaking from many years of personal experience.

gcode and I have both shared similar experiences lately (with the same brand of controller ironically). I've had to modify an existing post processor to function correctly with our new 5 axis machining center. Testing the code constantly, and that means testing different conditions (null toolchanges, transitioning from 3+2 to 5 axis and then back to 3+2 etc etc). We came really close to going with a third party post developer, but I feel now, that with my perserverance, we've got a post that is pretty rock solid (I hope I don't jinx it by saying that :) )

If you don't know how to edit posts, the best option (well, really the only option) is to pay someone to do it. *Most* users here have a great relationship with their resellers, and hopefully you are no different. If you do work well with your reseller, then all good. I sure wish I had that luxury :)

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I think Elvin needs to read this:

http://camzone.org/2...now-about-them/

It's a pity that people still seeing the post-processor and the software as less valuables assets than the machine tool itself.

Dude, it takes a bunch of engineering to develop a CAD/CAM/Post-processor engine to drive a machine tool. As much as to design the machine itself. These guys have to hit the books hard.

They deserve to make money from this.

• Like 1

The question is who will be responsible for the machine if it breaks!?

Not possible to know each machine? possible to only know programming languages

Each machine is is different "Fanuc" :guitar:

Reseller will say that your programming error, and you will repair the the machine for your money. How then this all to prove? The question is not about the money, need 100% quality !

Why do not develop and debug postprocessors in the factories that manufacture machines? Believe everyone you meet, and throw your money away - do not want. And that solve my problems with my reseller I understood from the the first reports.

And the last question for me - why create a forum about postprocessors, if thousands of people to help 2 - 5 or sent to resellers, others want to get money for their help or jeer new members

A few years ago and you did not know how to write post processor. A protection against pirates, I think you need to create registration by number Sim.

Many of you will carry away their knowledge to the grave - this is sad

Usually forums are created to help...

I'm sorry to bother you, everyone good luck in your work

Many of you will carry away their knowledge to the grave - This is sad

Good luck in finding a better CAD/CAM forum in the web. It seems you are not interested in understanding and valuing the work of a post-developer. There are thousands of machine brands out there and each one has their own quirks. And you expect people to work on generic posts. Don't even know what to think... Did you read the article BTW?

I'm glad we're in opposite sides of the fence. I kind of remember when I was like that: Afraid of starting new stuff and development efforts because I was too focused in whose fault would be...

Knowledge is freedom.

PS: You mention that people will carry knowledge to the grave because you want their know-how FOR FREE. A know-how that they acquired reading books and solving equations by hand. And YOU want it FOR FREE.

I wonder if you had this knowledge you would pass them off for free. If you do, then please create a blog, some good posts here or website sharing your knowledge in something. Even cooking. That will tell how bonded you are to your principle.

Many of these guys you say that will take their knowledge to the grave are active contributors of this board long before Apr 30 2013 02:29 AM, when you joined. Many of them have THOUSANDS of posts sharing knowledge along a decade.

Sorry. These are the "many's" I prefer to read about them. Good and qualified people deserves to get paid. Unless your are from China? :sarcasm:

Not possible to know each machine? possible to only know programming languages

Each machine is is different "Fanuc" :guitar:

Reseller will say that your programming error, and you will repair the the machine for your money. How then this all to prove? The question is not about the money, need 100% quality !

Why do not develop and debug postprocessors in the factories that manufacture machines? Believe everyone you meet, and throw your money away - do not want. And that solve my problems with my reseller I understood from the the first reports.

And the last question for me - why create a forum about postprocessors, if thousands of people to help 2 - 5 or sent to resellers, others want to get money for their help or jeer new members

A few years ago and you did not know how to write post processor. A protection against pirates, I think you need to create registration by number Sim.

Many of you will carry away their knowledge to the grave - this is sad

I'm sorry to bother you, everyone good luck in your work

You have obviously never been involved it writting or testing a post. It ussally requires the help of a Applications Engineer or someone very familair with the control on that machine and yes there is a risk of crashing the machine during the test depending on the complexity of the machine.

Wow is all I can say about your posting. I knew you would get pissed and you reacted almost 100% like I thought you would. You show your lack of wanting to help and share got called out and I hit the nerve perfect on the head. Let me have everything for free because I am owed that. I do not work for any company as an employee I am out here on my own doing this work. I have helped 100's of people over the years and funny a person who has no track record helping people call those of those that have into question. Take it to the grave well I almost did in February of this year Thank God I am still here. This forum got together to help raised money to take care of me and my family because of all the help I have given over the years, but of course since you join after that you have no clue. Please tell me how I would know you from anyone? This very topic was cover about 10 times in the last ten years. Did you bother to take time and research the topic? No. Did you bother do do any type of research on this forum about anything and link to one of the similar topics to show people you have put in effort to try? No, but we are ones taking it to the grave? Funny how that mirror works isn't it? Again if you have not purchased the need Verification software any respectable 5th axis shop would own how is the the resellers fault if you have not invested correctly to make sure you have 100% bullet proof code. Boeing and many other major manufactures never trust posted code to run their machines they always go to Verification Software to make sure they do not put the ownership back on the makers of the post they take ownership of it. Like I said before you are being penny wise and $1000 dumb. Have fun pissing everyone off and then wonder why no one will help you.