Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cut Off Detection

I AM WORKING WITH X3 AND AM NOW AT A COMPANY THAT HAS A MORI SEIKI SL253 LATHE. THEY GOT THE POST YEARS AGO AND NEVER REALLY USED THE LATHE. WHEN EVER I DO A CUT OFF THE CODE M80 SHOWS UP IN THE POSTED FILE. I DO NOT HAVE A SUB SPINDLE SO THIS CODE IS NOT VALID. I HAVE SEACHED THE POST FILE LOOKING FOR THIS CODE AND HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND. THIS IS JUST ONE PROBLEM. ALL OF MY CANNED CYCLES DO NOT FUNCTION AS THEY ARE SET FOR A FANUC CONTROL WHICH MORI HAS A VERSION OF, BUT DIFFERS SLIGHTLY IN CONTEXT. ANY HELP APPRECIATED.

THANKS ALL.

KEUTTLEY

I am assuming that this is not a standard issue post? If it is indeed a custom or edited post, it will be difficult for anyone to pinpoint your problem area.

I can offer this: Variables are assigned the numeric value only inside the post. The letter prefix is defined in the format area. So, look at the format assignment area of the post to find all of the 'M' variables. Usually they are described a little when they are formatted, so it makes sense when the variable is called later in the post. See if you can identify the name of the variable that deals with cut off.

Another way of searching would be to find all assignments of '80' in the post, and try to identify the variable name that deals with cut off.

Once you have identified the offending variable, remove all uses in the post.

• 3 weeks later...