Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cycl 19

Hi, I am working on a Deckel maho 80 P-Dyn with a tnc 430 control using a mastercam post. The machine works fine if I use 3+1 axis at one time. As soon as I use 3+2 axis like the code below it doesn't work properly. I don't know if I should use spatial plane or if someone has an example or insight I can try. The code below, line 30 rotates the table and tilts into postion but then line 32 makes the table rotate and tilt again this time x and y follows the rotation as if it is going around the outside of the table.

29 M140 MB MAX

30 L A+29.846 C+180 F MAX M126

31 CYCL DEF 19.0 WORKING PLANE

32 CYCL DEF 19.1 A+29.846 C+180 F1000

33 L A+Q120 C+Q122 F MAX

34 M140 MB MAX

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend PLANE SPATIAL. From what I understand the difference between SPATIAL and CYCLE 19, is SPATIAL is absolute and CYCLE 19 is incremental - I may be wrong on that explanation, somebody can correct me. But our post was changed from CYCLE 19 to SPATIAL and all our rotational issues went away.

This was my code for CYCLE 19 on the TNC530

47 ;

48 CYCL DEF 19.0 WORKING PLANE

49 CYCL DEF 19.1 A+0 C+337.5

50 L A+Q120 C+Q122 FMAX

And for SPATIAL

107 PLANE SPATIAL SPA+0 SPB+0 SPC-22.5 TURN F MAX SEQ- TABLE ROT

When I tried the spatial I get an error. I read somewhere that you have to change something in the control to allow spatial programming but I can't find it.

I tried taking out line 30, when I do the x y z follows/tracks the table around.

I ran some programs, T

29 M140 MB MAX

30 L A+30 C+85 F MAX M126

31 CYCL DEF 19.0 WORKING PLANE

32 CYCL DEF 19.1 A+30 B+0 C+85 F1000

33 L A+Q120 C+Q122 F MAX

When I run any program less than 90 degrees on the C-axis it works fine. Anything greater the machine wants to track the table around to position.

M126 is the code for shortest distance so the machine will find the solution for shortest travel and move to that location. That is probably the reason for the tracking. The only other reason will be if M128 is active. M129 will cancel M128 and M127 cancels M126

there is a setting for solid angle in the control to turn on SPATIAL. you may have to call Dekel for help. dont know if it is the same as the MIKRONS.

will that model control run SPATIAL, we have an older model TNC530 that will only run Cycle 19

I am not too familiar with Dekels but I am pretty sure you do not need line #30 in the HEIDENHAIN I may be wrong due to the control being an older model. You can download the HEIDENHAIN manual for your control from the HEIDENHAIN’s website.