Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mpmaster safe index

cant get safe index to work with multi axis toolpaths. It's tied to mi4 but dont work. I'd like to see a G28 Z0. then the X,Y,A move. this dont work for either HRZ or Vert machine def

im running X7

this is what i get now

X11.2997 Y1.0375

Z1.8285

G00 Z2.7285

Z4.

(BACK FACE)

X11.3002 Y1.4062 A270.

Z2.8765

G01 Z2.7765

X11.3001 Y-.0938

I would check to make sure 'Break Rapid Rotary Moves' is checked on the Rotary page of your control definition.

Also check the Linear page in your control def to verify 'Break Rapid Moves XY then Z for Approach, Z then XY for retract' is also set

I actually have all XY, XZ, and YZ set to break rapid moves on approach and retract.

if these are set and the post you are using is MPMaster it should move to a clearance position between rapid rotary moves, although to be honest I just noticed your post said on multiaxis paths.. and I haven't run into that particular problem before.

OK just double checked.. it works on a 5 axis curve path.. haven't tried the rest, I did have to set a clearance position and remove the retract for it to move to the clearance position though.. this is what I got with it between two curve 5 axis paths.. one ugly bit is that the clearance position seems to be locked to incremental .. ugh.. but should be able to be used if watched carefully..

Z-1.125A-448.294

A-450.

G0Z-1.025

Z4.875

Z-1.025

G1Z-1.125F6.16

If you're using mi4$ before (BACK FACE) by the time you get to (BACK FACE) mi4$ will have a null 0r 0 value. With not knowing where you're at with the tool you can create a variable something like sav_mi4 then at the beginning of pltchg0$ and/or ptlchg_com you can add postblocks like

if prvtp <> tlplnno$ & sav_mi4,

[

"G91 G28 Z0",e$

sav_mi4 = 0

]

if mi4$, sav_mi4 = mi4$

Note: if you put this in ptlchg_com you only need if mi4$, sav_mi4 = mi4$

Again, this is all from the top of my head with me not knowing where you're at in the machining process.

Edit: After posting I saw GIZMO 21's posting.

ret_on_indx : 0 #Machine home retract on rotary index moves, (0 = no, 1 = yes)

I take a look at what you suggest Tim, Thanks

btw, this does nothing, at least with multi axis paths. haven't tried 3 axis paths as I dont use em much

ret_on_indx : 0 #Machine home retract on rotary index moves, (0 = no, 1 = yes)