Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Converted Post error message

I am working on converting a generic MPmaster into a 5 axis post and i've gotten everything working like i like except i get an error message in the log file saying:

"RUN TIME - Only single axis rotation is allowed! Angles may be incorrect"

I cannot find this error message in the post and am wondering how i get rid of it.

Thanks!

This is an error generated because your machne definition is not configured properly for five axis. Either work on the machine definition, or ignore the error.

I have 25 different post and machine definitions, and I get this error also. No time to fix 25 machine definitions. As long as the program is right, that's what counts.

Most 4 axis posts have logic built into the Machine Definition parameter read section that looks for more than 1 rotary axis in the MD, and reports an error when more than 1 is found.

Try searching for that error string in the post. It will show you the error string label. Search for that label (name) and you will find the section that uses 'mprint' to display the error message.

You can certainly disable the message, but I have to question the logic behind trying to convert a 4 axis post into a 5 axis post. How much post experience do you have? Are you planning on adding any of the 5X post blocks like 'pmx0$'? What are you doing to calculate the primary and secondary axis values? How are you controlling rotary angle limits?

I would recommend taking the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill post as a starting point for any 5X post you are thinking of creating. We've already addressed many of those issues in our Generic post, and have mechanisms built into the post to give you control over automatic retracts/repositions, axis limits, Drilling code, and much, much more...

Hope that helps,

Colin

I have quite a bit of post experience.

I tried searching for that string in the post but i couldn't find it.

i am controlling rotary limits with logic. I am calculating rotations from tool vectors. This is for a table/table with TCP, so that helps with easier 5 axis code.

I am converting this post to learn more about all of this stuff and so i can have access to all of the post and not be held hostage to the encrypted part of the 5 ax post.

So far its working out pretty well. Got all of my 3+2 stuff looking pretty good.

what does the pmx0$ postblock do?

What would i change in my machine def to not get this error?

Don't worry. Everything for this machine will get vericut!

Thanks for the info!

The error is caused by the setting of rotaxtyp$ which is set to 1 or -2 based upon the Z Axis orientation in the Machine Definition in modern 4-axis Mill posts (i.e. Generic Fanuc 4X Mill.pst, MPFan.pst, MPMaster.pst, etc... derived posts) - look for the psynclath$ postblock, that is where it is set. You have a considerable amount of work to do if you desire to change that setting and covert the post to properly process 5-axis motion. Send your resume to the post group if you do manage to get it working :)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

For all the haters:

Just kidding! Big upps to the whole forum, for without it i wouldn't be where i am today!

Post is working good so far...still lots of customizing to do. Had a blast and learned alot over this whole project. Expecting to learn magnitudes more as i run more parts on the machine.

• Like 1

I'm adding a nice easy header to make restarting easy.

need to add some more rotary logic, for entering and exiting TCP

i'm sure i've done stuff the "wrong way" in my post forcing some things instead of having the post use logic to controll it so just cleaning up some logic and documenting it for anyone who comes after me.