Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post expiration date

Hi,

Is there a scrip that I can put expiration on the post? For instant, at my company we are search for perfect custom post which we must review our post every 6 months. Therefore, I would like to put an expiration date to Jan.1st.2014 when a program uses the post it would say something like this

"This post is expired, contact system administrator for a newer version of post"

Please help,

S.Luong

The MP Language has the predefined variable that returns the current date -> date$

You create a new user defined variable in your PST files(s) with your expiration date.

Then within the PST you would do a check using the current date$ against your expiration date.

If the post is "expired" you could then output a string to the NC file and/or display a message on screen when the PST is used.

Obviously this is not very "secure" (if you need that), as anyone can just change your expiration date in the PST.

But... If you really need to prevent that, you could put the expiration date in "binned" post file using MPBIN.

mpbin is a chook.. I found that out with a quick search pretty easy.. if you do an Alt-C to bring it up you can hit the ? (help) button and get this..

MPBinX C-Hook

Use this C-Hook to convert and encrypt part of an ASCII post processor (PST) file. This process lets Resellers and advanced users protect their posts from being edited or viewed by unauthorized users.

Mastercam protects the post by:

• Removing a block of text from the post file

• Converting the removed text into a encrypted binary file (*.PSB)

• Keying the protected post to a particular SIM number or type of SIM

• Optionally adding password protection to the encrypted (also called "binned") post to restrict updating with the UpdatePost C-Hook

MPBinX accepts as input either PSM or PST files. It outputs a PST file and a PSB file with the encrypted code.

I probably should have said in my originally post

VERY IMPORTANT!

!!! BACKUP ANY POSTS BEFORE USING THIS !!!!!

!!! BACKUP ANY POSTS BEFORE USING THIS !!!!!

It no ones fault but yours if you wipe out your original post file and cant get it back!

(sorry for yelling.. didn't want anyone blaming me, this forum, or CNC software if they read this and screwed up the post they had been working on for days)