Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool list chronologically in order

I'm guessing but I think what gstix meant to ask was is it possible to post tools in NUMERICAL order as opposed to the order they show up in the Operations Manager / NCI file.

The short answer is yes they can be listed in Numerical order.

I don't know if there is a way to do this without some major editing but it might be possible.. if so i'm sure someone will speak up.

I have done this however and basically what you need to do if you want to do it is to output your tools to a buffer file in the pwrtt$ postblock, then create a postblock to create your toollist

Then call the new toollist block from inside the psof postblock..

I used two buffer files, one for text and one for numeric data that I wanted in the tool list, then in the toollist writing postblock you read in the buffers and loop through them to find the tools one at a time and write them out as you do.

I worked from this example, which basically shows how to do just what i'm talking about, I couldn't get it to work as is in the post (I think mainly cause the indenting was totally messed up from when I copied and pasted it) Overall the logic and structure of how this is done is all there though http://www.emasterca...c=70978&hl=comp

• Like 1

Matthew,

You are correct I miss spoke.

Djstedman,

Thank you for your quick reply. I will give this a try. I only have a few days to try this. I’m trying to fix some odds and ends for my current employer and friends. Before I start a new job next week.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Peter,

Shout! LOL any help would be appreciated! :unworthy:

Bill

I can hear yaaaa!!! :thumbsup::D

Bill, my sample now gives you like this:

(**********************************)

()

( T2 : D10. CENTER DRILL | H2 H22 )

( T6 : D10. FLAT ENDMILL | H6 | D6=R D66=R0 )

( T7 : D10. SPOT DRILL | H7 )

( T12: D20. BULL ENDMILL 3. RAD | H12 | D12=R )

( T20: D1. DRILL | H20 )

( T32: D1. BULL ENDMILL 0.2 RAD | H32 | D32=R )

( T54: D18. BALL ENDMILL | H54 )

()

(**********************************)

What infos you need in tool list? I can configure, just shout again! :D

Now mine tracks if a tool use more length offset or diaoffset (marks control or wear too with R or R0)

I worked from this example, which basically shows how to do just what i'm talking about, I couldn't get it to work as is in the post (I think mainly cause the indenting was totally messed up from when I copied and pasted it) Overall the logic and structure of how this is done is all there though http://www.emasterca...c=70978&hl=comp

Djstedman,

I just revised my sample and I think some variables not defined. (because they was defined probably in basic post)

I'm sure that "fszamlalo" is missing.

fszamlalo : 0 # Counter

And may be a string definition is missing "sspace". It's in a lot of posts, but not all :)

sspace : " "

Also check this string:

sdelimiter : "|" #String for delimiter

Finally be aware that the linked sample use 5 buffer from 1 to 5, be sure that your post not uses these buffer for other stuff.

You can shout too! ;)

Peter