Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do I store G10 value permanently?

Hi,

I'm running many job on A88 MAKINO horizontal and I would like to keep all the value in the program for G10 purposes in the VIEW WCS MANAGER COMMENT and VIEW WCS NAMES?, how you I do that? Please help.

G90 M0 (CHECK WORK OFFSET)

G10 L2 P0 X0 Y0 Z0

B0(G53 ZERO)

G10 L2 P1 X0 Y0 Z0 = ======> should be X-10.258 Y8.265 Z0 (XY0 = CENTER OF PART, Z0 = TOP OF PART WCS VIEW MANAGER COMMENT HERE)

B0(G54 B0.)

G10 L2 P2 X0 Y0 Z0 = ======> should be X-15.258 Y10.265 Z0 (XY0 = CENTER OF PART, Z0 = TOP OF PART WCS VIEW MANAGER COMMENT HERE)

B0(G55 B90.)

G10 L2 P3 X0 Y0 Z0 ======> should be X-12.258 Y18.265 Z0 (XY0 = CENTER OF PART, Z0 = TOP OF PART WCS VIEW MANAGER COMMENT HERE)

B0(G56 B270.)

post-40265-0-43474800-1379969477_thumb.jpg

That's what we did too, store the XYZ values inside the MANUAL ENTRY and marked as AS CODE.... My company expects thing FAST and convenience, make sense and base on you guys suggestions, I must call CNC MASTERCAM to modify my post for that. I hope it does not cost me an arm or a leg for the G10 FUNCTION....

Thanks for everyone, input your comment. It's a helpful thing for me...

I found something of which may be can doable and it only allows to read one line but not all lines

Greg Williams

Advanced Member

• photo-thumb-1160.gif?_r=0
  • Resellers
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 2,207 posts

•  

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

Why not just use the actual WCS numbers?

This can be done - I have used viewx, viewy and viewz to capture these

fmt " PX=" 2 viewx #X offset for Call OO88

fmt " PY=" 2 viewy #Y offset for Call OO88

fmt " PZ=" 2 viewz #Z offset for Call OO88

if prmcode$ = 15163, viewx = rpar(sparameter$, 1)

if prmcode$ = 15164, viewy = rpar(sparameter$, 1)

if prmcode$ = 15165, viewz = rpar(sparameter$, 1)

n$, "CALL OO88", *viewx, *viewy, *viewz, " PA=", *s_out, " PC=", *p_out, " PH=", *g_wcs, " PP=", *p_wcs, e$

I used the "swcsplcomm" and it reads only one operation although I have 4 like. Is there away I can use the SNULL to pull all the value out from "swcsplcomm"?

G10 L2 P0 X0 Y0 Z0

B0(G53 ZERO)

G10 L2 P1 X0 Y0 Z0 = ======> should be X-10.258 Y8.265 Z0 (XY0 = CENTER OF PART, Z0 = TOP OF PART WCS VIEW MANAGER COMMENT HERE)

B0(G54 B0.)

G10 L2 P2 X0 Y0 Z0 = ======> should be X-15.258 Y10.265 Z0 (XY0 = CENTER OF PART, Z0 = TOP OF PART WCS VIEW MANAGER COMMENT HERE)

B0(G55 B90.)

G10 L2 P3 X0 Y0 Z0 ======> should be X-12.258 Y18.265 Z0 (XY0 = CENTER OF PART, Z0 = TOP OF PART WCS VIEW MANAGER COMMENT HERE)

B0(G56 B270.)

what do you mean Peter? How do I get the right parameter for the right function? Where you got that parameter number from, Peter?

How about parameter No.: 20013?

It's from post user manual ;) U can ask your reseller about it.

This parameter holds the string of view comment.

At pre-read of NCI file, you can collect them into a buffer, and at processing of NCI code, you can

output to the beginnig of NC code. Kinda' long story short :)

Edit:

It's already captured in your post:

if prmcode$ = 20013, stoolplcomm = ucase(sparameter$)

And I guess it should appear at every Operation if ToolPlane rotate. Right?

Edited by Peter - MoP

How about parameter No.: 20013? ;)

Touche ;)

But how would you put the logic in to decide which Tool plane to pull the comment from? It looks like he had multiple G10 lines in a single program. I guess you may be able to look at what offset goes with what tool plane and pull that comment. I'm not sure :question:

I guess I would stick with the manual entry idea, So much easier.

I know there is a way to do it. Peter, would you please assist me where do I put "stoolplcomm " in the post so it can output multiple XZY? At the beginning of "psof$"???

Always there is a way... ;)

In this section of your post:

preloadwcs #Output G10 preloads from Buffer2
#This postblock is called from the PSOF postblock and is designed to output the WCS
#preloads to the beggining of the NC output file and only if the use_g10wcs flag is active.
	   pg10sort   #Sort preload buffer in accesnding order before output
	   #read preload buffer and output preloads			   
	   rc2 = 1
	   size2 = rbuf (two, 0)
	   while rc2 <= size2,
		  [
		   workofs2 = rbuf (two, rc2)
		   pwcs2 = workofs2 + 54
		   if workofs2 > 53, pbld, n$, sgabsinc, "G10", "L2", *pofs2, [if swcsplcomm, *swcsplcomm, else, "X0", "Y0", "Z0", "B0"], [spaces$ = 0, "(",pwcs2,"", "", *cout2,")", spaces$ = sav_spc], e$  #Offsets G54 - G59 
		   else, pbld, n$, sgabsinc, "G10", "L2", *pofs2, [if swcsplcomm, *swcsplcomm, else, "X0", "Y0", "Z0", "B0"], [spaces$ = 0, "(",pwcs2,"", "", *cout2,")", spaces$ = sav_spc], e$			 #Extended offsets g54.1 P1 - P48
		   #if workofs2 > 53, pbld, n$, sgabsinc, "G10", "L2", *pofs2, *tox2, *toy2, *toz3, cout2, "(", *cout2,")", e$  #Offsets G54 - G59 
		  ]

#   [
	   #   workofs2 = rbuf (two, rc2)
	    #   if workofs2 > 53, pbld, n, sgabsinc, "G10", "L2", *pofs2, *tox2, *toy2, *toz3, *cout2, e  #Offsets G54 - G59 
		 #  else, pbld, n, sgabsinc, "G10", "L20", *pofs2, *tox2, *toy2, *toz3, *cout2, e			 #Extended offsets g54.1 P1 - P48
	    #  ]   

Change swcsplcomm to stoolplcomm.

Do you really want to output some values from WCS comment? Just askin'

"Do you really want to output some values from WCS comment? Just askin' " Because we have more than 20 pallets and we don't allow backup the NC file, we really want to control the source file, that's why it is so important for us to input the XYZ value inside the WCS COMMENT and NAME

it should be like this

G10 L2 P0 X0 Y0 Z0 B0(G53ZERO)

G10 L2 P1 X15.00 Y20.01 Z0 (G54B0.) =======================> XYZ value change upon what we had put in the WCS NAME OR WCS COMMENT

G10 L2 P2 X25.00 Y-25.00 Z-5.00 (G55B90.) =======================> XYZ value change upon what we had put in the WCS NAME OR WCS COMMENT

G10 L2 P3 X10.00 Y-7.00 Z-2.25 (G56B270.) =======================> XYZ value change upon what we had put in the WCS NAME OR WCS COMMENT

Thanks, Peter :ice: I have heart problem so we can have ice cream instead..... hiihhi...