Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Process file for WEDM

When I export my .NC file from Mastercam .mcx file it does it in a way I assume to be default file with code for a general machine.

If I am using a WEDM by Mitsubishi 1990 HA machine then would such a file exist where I don't have to format my code prior to importing it into the machine?

I been looking around seeing this reformatting as per machine specified which could be done quicker if more prepared.

I will presume from your question that you are a new Mastercam user. All of the code generation is handled by the Mastercam post processor. This file contains specific coding that controls how the Mastercam toolpath data is posted to the NC file. You are right that Mastercam comes with several post processors for each machine type (Mill, Lathe, Router and Wire). If you need modifications to the default post files or a post for your specific machine you should contact your local reseller first.

If you have a specific question about how to change a specific portion of your NC code output please post more details about the issue you are having.