Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

large size toolpath subprogram output

whats the best way to get mastercam to output a toolpath as a subprogram? im running into some difficulties trying to figure out whats best,

i personally envision a misc interger/real post mod,

for example i have a toolpath group i want to post, there are 10 toolpaths in this particular group, 4 of them are too large to fit in the machines memory,

i go to the said tool paths i enter a value in misc interger\real (####) this would be an indication to the post that I want this tool path to output as a sub,

it outputs the main program with m98 p### as indicated by misc real\integrer in the correct sequence and i also get my subs as separate files named O### so i can load them onto the cf card and then load the main program onto the cnc

seems simple enough, but modifying posts is not my strong point,(i can do simple stuff, or if someone posts up thier logic i can usually figure it out)

im not really into cut/paste programs because its error prone and time consuming if your tweaking a program

ive looked thru mc to see if there was a better way to output subs but i can only find them thru the transform ops and drill cycles, neither of which apply to my situation

I made a quick example, but basically you can make it work using Transform, I just tested this with the regular MPFAN post to make sure it works on a generic post..

Basically create your toolpath, then make a transform, choose subprogram, absolute.

Then in the transform options choose delta and leave everything at Zero so it doesn't move it ..

Then when you post only post out the transformed operation and you will get the tool callout in your main followed by a call to the sub once it reaches the location of the start of the sub..

I think this will do what you were looking for without having to modify any posts..

TRANSFORM_SUB_NO_MOVEMENT.MCX-7

• Like 1

using that procedure to output the subs, and researching the mp documentation and surfing the forum , ive figured out how to make the post automatically number the subs incrementally from the main program , without having to manually enter program # for each transform op, which is definitely a step up from where i was a week ago!

anyway can anybody throw me a bone on how to make the subs post out separate file names instead of all in one file? ive been messing with it for a few hrs now and , i just don"t understand it, ive read the chaper on "file manipulation" and "how subs work" i just can seem to get it to work per the ref guide and haven't found anything on the forum about it that gives an example

my post is based on mpmaster