Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 Axis code posted... what the?

Mick

I just posted two operations. The tool first does a surface finish contour operatio (standard 3 axis), and then cuts a surface in 5 axis. At the end of the 3 axis operation it posts a nice little move which is really out there...: (the lines in question are arrowed)

X42.75 Y17.408 I42.649 J-16.253

X41.517 Y7.992 I36.085 J-9.51

G0 Z-63.005

Z5.

( PREFINISH MAIN TAPERED SURFACES ) (Comment for start of 5 axis operation)

G1 X.804 Y5.154 Z47.709 A20. C143.7447 <---

G0 Z164.125 <---

Y167.78 <---

G1 Y5.154 Z47.709 F100. <---

M11

M27

G0 Z900.

G30 P5

G0 G90 A-35.4001 C143.7447

G56 HA

G0 G90 X23.563 Y-42.644

Z66.148

G169

G1 X9.726 Y53.107 Z5.261

X13.152 Y57.778 Z-2.891

I don't get those lines marked above if a toolchange is forced however. So it seems to be something within the null toolchange logic (I'm guessing it is in the encrypted part of the post :) )

My question is, has anyone encountered this before? This is the generic 5 Axis Fanuc post, which has been modified to suit an Okuma MU500/P300M control. It is almost working 100%, aside from two annoying glitches. This one above, and another that when going from a 5 axis toolpath to a 3+2 toolpath, it messes the A and C angles up, unless a toolchange is forced.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has encountered these kind of issues in the past, and if so, how you resolved them :)

mi7 is disabled in all operations.

Weird. I post all operations out, and I get the weird output above at the end of one particular op. However, if I just post that op, and several ops before and after that op, I get the weird code above at the end of another op. It doesn't make sense :(

Looking at this further, I think I have to force a toolchange for all 3+2 and 5 axis operations, and suppress the tool change line (to eliminate the commanded tool error), as we're not using the toolchange macro.

In testing this, Vericut has saved my bacon numerous times.... LOL

• Like 1

mi7 is disabled in all operations.

Weird. I post all operations out, and I get the weird output above at the end of one particular op. However, if I just post that op, and several ops before and after that op, I get the weird code above at the end of another op. It doesn't make sense :(

can you share.. I'll check it out in the morning

can you share.. I'll check it out in the morning

Sure thing. I'll do some more experimentation this afternoon, and I will send you a file (or give you a link to it) later today/tonight.

Mmmm.... Just thinking about El Torito before :)