Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool/Holder overall length

Hi all, I made it many-many times... But today... Pfff... :D

I'm try to dump into my favorit buffer the overall length of tool and holder from operations, but no luck... :help:

I uncommented the following line, but no luck :( I can't find

pwrttparam$	 #Pre-read parameter data
 "pwrttparam", ~prmcode$, ~sparameter$, e$

Yes, I did this:

if prmcode$ = 15832, ToolLength = rpar(sparameter$, 1) #Szerszám teljes hossza
if prmcode$ = 15836, ToolHolderLn = rpar(sparameter$, 1) #Szerszámtartó teljes hossza

Any idea how can I get the 15832/15836 parameters?

More like Night? :scooter:

I wish I could help I went back and looked at old posts I did and I called stuff like this in the past.

if prmcode$ = 10102, lfstockx = rpar(sparameter$,1)	 # Amount of Stock Left X Turning Finishing
	 if prmcode$ = 10103, lfstockz = rpar(sparameter$,1)	 # Amount of Stock Left Z Turning Finishing
	 if prmcode$ = 10202, lrstockx = rpar(sparameter$,1)	 # Amount of Stock Left X Turning Roughing
	 if prmcode$ = 10203, lrstockz = rpar(sparameter$,1)	 # Amount of Stock Left Z Turning Roughing
	 if prmcode$ = 13343, lrdepth = rpar(sparameter$,1)      # Depth of Cut Lathe Roughing
	 if prmcode$ = 10214, lathdir = rpar(sparameter$,1)       # Direction 0=ID,1=OD,2=FACE,3=BACK Turning
	 if prmcode$ = 12068, stock2 = rpar(sparameter$,1)      # Stock to leave in Z facing Milling
	 if prmcode$ = 10020, clearinc = rpar(sparameter$,1)    # param 10020 is clearance now and 10021 indicates abs or inc
	 if prmcode$ = 13359, lgrstockx = rpar(sparameter$,1)  # Amount of Stock Left X Turning Groove Roughing
	 if prmcode$ = 13360, lgrstockz = rpar(sparameter$,1)  # Amount of Stock Left Z Turning Groove Roughing
	 if prmcode$ = 10366, lgfstockx = rpar(sparameter$,1)  # Amount of Stock Left X Turning Groove Finishing
	 if prmcode$ = 10367, lgfstockz = rpar(sparameter$,1)  # Amount of Stock Left Z Turning Groove Finsihing
	 if prmcode$ = 10331, lgwidth = rpar(sparameter$,1)    # Width of Groove		

I asked Colin about this and he said it's currently not possible and they're working on it for MU1. You should check with the post department and see if it's been included and what parameter. I'm waiting also as I want to do a check against the tool length register in the control and the assembly length in MasterCam so the machine alarms if it's not what it should be.

-Josh

I asked Colin about this and he said it's currently not possible and they're working on it for MU1.

Thank Josh! I have the beta, but not work. I hope, not work yet... :)

I'm waiting also as I want to do a check against the tool length register in the control and the assembly length in MasterCam so the machine alarms if it's not what it should be.

Same here... ;)