Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Allow xz and yz arcs

I am having two problems with generic Mazak 4 axis post.

First-no matter what I do to post or control and machine defs. the curl up and down in high

feed toolpaths come out as lines instead of arcs. In fact, all the arcs created in xz or yz come

out as lines. Where might i be going wrong?

Second- I can't seem to get the same post to generate a tool call for a single tool program.

Forcing tool change won't do it. I'm sure this is an easy fix, just not easy enough for me.

If someone could help me with one or both of these, I would be most grateful.

Well Ron, Whenever I contact my dealer with something, they can't help me. Invariably I can come to the forums and find the answer that i need. So instead of asking a person that makes me feel like the village idiot, and then can't help, I take out the middle man. Yes I know that's what my company pays $1000's for, but I really would rather ask here. No offense meant to my reseller, but thats how i feel about it. Answers like "Hmm that's weird" and "Well mine works" aren't worth the effort to dial the phone.

Understood, but I would put together a sample .z2g file with my problems and some screen shots. Send it to my dealer and give them time to answer. If they did not respond in a timely fashion I would then send that same email to posts(at)mastercam(dot)com and ask for their assistance.

This is the correct strategy Bocho. Please email your issues to your Reseller, and if they can't help, they should be forwarding on your request to us here at the CNC Software Post Department.